Subject: [dispatch] draft-dawes-dispatch-logme-reqs-02

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 17:23:52 -0400

Some questions about this draft:

The requirements and other discussion imply certain behavior by servers 
that support this. I'd like to hear more explicit discussion of what 
that expected behavior is, within the potential solutions.

E.g., when some servers are expected to be dialog stateful. Also if 
logging is to stop after some period of time.

Section 7.1:

This says the header is first inserted by the UAC. There might be reason 
to have it inserted by the UAS in some cases, or even a proxy or B2BUA 
based on policy for debugging a UA that can't be controlled.

Is free text good enough for identifying test cases? Isn't there 
possibility of collision? Since there is likely to be resistance to 
meaningful names that might tunnel information, perhaps these should be 
random numbers.

I want to hear more about sending the address of the server collecting 
logs. For this to be useful there must be an explicit or implicit 
protocol used to transmit the logs. Is there one such protocol or many? 
If many, how do you know which will be supported? What about trust by 
the server doing the logging of the log server, and authorization by the 
log server of those sending logs? Will all servers doing logging want to 
use a server chosen by the one inserting the logme request?

Section 7.2:

Where does the test case id go with this solution?

In Figure 3 the call-info in the figure is syntactically incorrect. The 
parameter is a domain name, but it is required to be a URL.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 01:49:10 +0000

The next discussion of this draft will take place in the INSIPID group so you might like to post your comments there.

Regards

Keith

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of Paul Kyzivat
> Sent: 22 July 2013 22:24
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [dispatch] draft-dawes-dispatch-logme-reqs-02
> 
> _______________________________________________
> dispatch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 22:49:26 -0400

> The next discussion of this draft will take place in the INSIPID group so you might like to post your comments there.

OK. I wasn't thinking - just went by the name of the draft.

	Thanks,
	Paul