Subject: [dispatch] Fwd: [RAI] RAI AD - Gonzalo will not be re-running

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 10:59:34 +0200

FYI.

Gonzalo

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [RAI] RAI AD - Gonzalo will not be re-running
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 10:58:25 +0200
From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>

Folks,

this email is to inform everyone that I am not going to be seeking a
third term as RAI Area Director. This means that the nomcom will need to
choose someone else to serve as RAI AD after my current term ends in March.

The consensus in the community seems to be that ADs SHOULD NOT serve
more than 4 years, and I fully agree with that. Such a limit is good for
the IETF and good for the ADs as well for a number of reasons.

The main reason I am writing this email is to give potential candidates
enough time to secure management support (or, in general, funding) in
order to provide the nomcom with enough good candidates. You can find
the expertise required for the position in the following link:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2013/expertise/

Additionally, RAI ADs have traditionally selected the beverages for the
IESG social gatherings, which is also an important skill ;-)

Cheers,

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
RAI mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rai