Subject: [dispatch] Fwd: [VIPR] vipr-overview-06

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:32:42 -0600

For folks that are not on the VIPR WG mailing list, the plan is to publish
draft-jennings-vipr-overview as an AD sponsored document:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-jennings-vipr-overview-06.txt

It will be the only document published related to the VIPR WG, which will
be closed.

If you have any comments or concerns about this document being progressed
as AD sponsored, please post a note on the VIPR WG mailing list (by the end
of the year) as it would be good to have comments all in one archive.

Regards,
Mary
as DISPATCH WG co-chair

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peterson, Jon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Subject: [VIPR] vipr-overview-06
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

 At the seasonal risk of raising a Ghost of Working Groups Past - for those
of you still on this list, please do note the recent publication of
vipr-overview-06. This document is no longer being considered as a
Standards Track RFC, or even as a working group item of this now-defunct
effort. It is being considered now as an individual Informational
submission that documents the VIPR architecture for the benefit of
posterity, but also explains why we stopped working on VIPR as a potential
Standard.

 If you are still interested, please do read this document and send any
comments to this list. For the most part, useful comments at this point
will be those that point out respects in which vipr-overview either fails
to characterize the VIPR system or fails to correctly document its
shortcomings. The new section 7.5 of the overview document is a good place
to read up on the latter.

 It would be great to see any comments before the end of the year. After
that, this mailing list will formally give up the ghost.

 Jon Peterson
Neustar, Inc.

_______________________________________________
VIPR mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vipr