Subject: [dispatch] Passing of Francois Audet - Additional information

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 10:41:25 -0500

Hi all,

I have some additional information to share that I thought would be of
interest to a number of people.

1) There have been some queries as to specifically how one can help the
family directly.  A Special Needs Trust has been established for Francois'
son, Olivier. This fund will be used to offset the costs of Olivier's
treatments that aren't covered by medical insurance or other funding.  If
you are interested in making a donation to this fund, please contact me
directly for further details.

2) The funeral is scheduled as follows:
Saturday, April 5 at 14:00 hours, at the funeral Cooperative in the
Outaouais, 95 boulevard Cité-des-Jeunes, Gatineau (QC) J8Y 6 X 3

3) If you have any photos of Francois from meetings, etc, can you please
forward those to me?  I am putting together a scrapbook for Olivier. Also,
if you want to include a personal note, please send that.

Thanks for all your support,
Mary.

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>wrote:

> A number of you all will remember Francois Audet, who was a colleague of
> mine at Nortel and a regular IETF attendee (until he went to Skype ;)  He
> was a co-author on the recently published 4244bis drafts.  He unfortunately
> lost his battle with cancer on Friday.  I have received the following
> information from a family friend via Facebook:
>
> Thanks for all your support messages, both on & offline.
> I've talked to Geneviève over the week-end, and she reminded me that there
> is just no real treatment of Brain Tumors, and that form of cancer is
> growing at some alarming rate.
> She agreed that the best support message would be to sponsor the research,
> for which donations can be made as a memorial gift for Francois Audet.
> I've selected a few organizations:
> - Stanford Brain Tumor Center (http://medicalgiving.stanford.edu/, this
> is where François was treated. Make sure to indicate the Brain Tumor Center
> as the recipient).
> - UCSF Brain Tumor Center (
> https://makeagift.ucsf.edu/site/SPageServer?pagename=A1_API_GordonMurrayGivingForm&ACode=B2934
> )
> - National Brain Tumor Society (http://www.braintumor.org/)
>
> Note that he also left behind a son, Olivier.
>
> That's all the information I have at this point.
>
> Regards,
> Mary.
>