Subject: [dispatch] web push protocol

From: Doug Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 20:45:12 -0700

Hi all,

The W3C web apps working group is specifying a web API for delivering
push notifications <https://w3c.github.io/push-api/> on the web.

This is a well-understood space with a number of proprietary
solutions.  The goal of work in the IETF is:

1. to define a protocol that can be used to send push messages from an
application to a device

2. to define a protocol that can be used to support the registration
features of the API

We are using [email-masked] to discuss this work, and there is
already a draft submitted that addresses both use cases [1].

Sincerely yours,
Doug Turner

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-webpush-http2-00

---

From: Andrei Popescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 11:28:55 +0100

Hi Doug!

Thanks a lot for this. We are happy to help with this effort!

All the best,
Andrei