Subject: [dispatch] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-procter-dispatch-outbound-unaptr-01.txt

From: Michael Procter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 21:20:33 +0100

I've just uploaded a new version of the SIP-outbound proxy discovery
draft (the unaptr variant).  There are no substantive changes between
-00 and -01, but to help avoid another long delay, Olle has kindly
agreed to be co-author on this draft.  This version simply updates the
author information accordingly.

I will go through the previous email threads over the next few days,
to find any comments that are not yet addressed.  In the meantime, I
would very much appreciate comments to the effect that people are
still interested in solving this problem.

My understanding is that if people are still interested, then the
chairs would be able to dispatch this draft (presumably to sipcore?)
and we can hammer out the details that are not yet resolved.
Corrections/feedback on this process and indeed on the draft are very
welcome.

Regards,

Michael

---------- Forwarded message ----------

A new version of I-D, draft-procter-dispatch-outbound-unaptr-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Michael Procter and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-procter-dispatch-outbound-unaptr
Revision:       01
Title:          Automatic discovery of RFC 5626 Edge Proxies using U-NAPTR
Document date:  2015-05-18
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          4
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-procter-dispatch-outbound-unaptr-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-procter-dispatch-outbound-unaptr/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-procter-dispatch-outbound-unaptr-01
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-procter-dispatch-outbound-unaptr-01

Abstract:
   [RFC5626] (commonly known as 'SIP outbound') defines mechanisms that
   permit SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) UAs (User Agents) to
   maintain multiple connections to a registrar or proxy via multiple
   Edge Proxies, known as the outbound-proxy-set.  Discovering the URIs
   that make up the outbound-proxy-set is left to configuration or
   future discovery mechanisms.

   This draft defines a simple discovery mechanism based on U-NAPTR
   [RFC4848] that enables UAs to discover the URIs of all the Edge
   Proxies in the outbound-proxy-set without requiring additional
   configuration on the UA.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat