Subject: [dispatch] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-campbell-art-rfc5727-update-02.txt> (Improving the Organizational Flexibility of the SIP Change Process.) to Best Current Practice

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 12:19:17 -0500

Denizens of apps-discuss and dispatch need to be aware of this last
call.  Comments to the main IETF list <[email-masked]>, please.

Barry, Alissa, Ben

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 10:56 AM
Subject: Last Call: <draft-campbell-art-rfc5727-update-02.txt>
(Improving the Organizational Flexibility of the SIP Change Process.)
to Best Current Practice
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Improving the Organizational Flexibility of the SIP Change Process.'
  <draft-campbell-art-rfc5727-update-02.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-01-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 5727 defines several processes for the Real-time Applications and
   Infrastructure (RAI) area.  These processes include the evolution of
   the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and related protocols, as well
   as the operation of the DISPATCH and SIPCORE working groups.  This
   document updates RFC 5727 to allow flexibility for the area and
   working group structure, while preserving the SIP change processes.
   It also generalizes the DISPATCH working group processes so that they
   can be easily adopted by other working groups.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-campbell-art-rfc5727-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-campbell-art-rfc5727-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.