Subject: [dispatch] Reminder: Deadlines for IETF-95

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 07:54:26 -0600

Hi all,

Just a reminder of the DISPATCH WG deadlines for IETF-95:
https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dispatch/trac/wiki

   - February 22, 2016. Cutoff date to notify the chairs/DISPATCH WG of
   plans to submit a proposal.

   - February 29, 2016. Cutoff for charter proposals for topics.

   - March 7, 2016. Announcement of topics that have been dispatched for
   IETF-95.

   - March 21, 2016. Draft deadline.

Regards,
Mary

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 19:56:30 -0600

Hi,

I understand that Jon, Ekr, Richard, and Russ plan to submit a draft on 
security recommendations for point-to-point, SIP-signaled RTP in time 
for Buenos Aires. While I would be pleasantly surprised if the 
discussion is far enough along by then for a charter proposal, I think 
discussion in DISPATCH would be worthwhile.

So, please consider this notice of their intent to propose a discussion 
topic, on their behalf.

Thanks!

Ben.

On 10 Feb 2016, at 7:54, Mary Barnes wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> dispatch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch

---

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 23:53:44 +0000

I just wanted to confirm that Ben here is correct. This idea came out of a
discussion in Yokohama about identifying the best practices for media
security when setting up sessions with SIP, and in particular the glue
that binds security in SIP to SDP and to RTP. This would invoke things
like STIR, and would also potentially nod to more opportunistic approaches
like those outlined in Alan's draft, as media confidentiality is one of
the more important security properties in this post-PERPASS world of ours.

So, we expect to have a draft before the deadline - happy to discuss the
general topic here in the meantime if there's interest.

Jon Peterson
Neustar, Inc.

---

From: "Olle E. Johansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 08:04:43 +0100

> On 01 Mar 2016, at 00:53, Peterson, Jon <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
I really look forward to this work. Thank you for starting it!

/Olle

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 23:30:50 -0800

Hi Jon,

The draft sounds interesting.

We have revised the OSRTP draft as well based on feedback from Yokohama.

     https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-johnston-dispatch-osrtp

- Alan -