Subject: [dispatch] Regular Expressions for Internet Mail Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-seantek-mail-regexen-01.txt

From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 10:58:38 -0700

draft-seantek-mail-regexen-01
Hello:

Regular Expressions for Internet Mail draft-01 has been updated. There 
is a brief change log in Appendix B, which is reprinted below. I/we look 
forward to discussing and hopefully getting this dispatched.

Regards,

Sean
(and co-authors)

Appendix B.  Change Log

    The document status is now marked as Informational instead of Best
    Current Practice (although it seems that it could go either way).

    The authors decided to focus on "modern" ASCII-only email identifiers
    first and to get those right before tackling Unicode email
    identifiers and "obsolete" ABNF productions.  This draft-01 preserves
    the main text of draft-00 rather than remove potentially useful text.
    Deliverable and modern email addresses, and modern Message-IDs, have
    been addressed.  The Unicode work remains unfinished for now;
    "obsolete" ABNF productions (which are still useful for archival
    applications) will also be addressed in future drafts.

    The authors decided to write one set of regular expressions in one
    dialect (namely, PCRE/PCRE2) before tackling others (e.g.,
    JavaScript).  Different dialects will be addressed in future drafts.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-seantek-mail-regexen-01.txt
Date: 	Sun, 30 Oct 2016 23:08:21 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-seantek-mail-regexen-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Sean Leonard and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-seantek-mail-regexen
Revision:	01
Title:		Regular Expressions for Internet Mail
Document date:	2016-10-30
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		28
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seantek-mail-regexen-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seantek-mail-regexen/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seantek-mail-regexen-01
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-seantek-mail-regexen-01

Abstract:
    Internet Mail identifiers are used ubiquitously throughout computing
    systems as building blocks of online identity.  Unfortunately,
    incomplete understandings of the syntaxes of these identifiers has
    led to interoperability problems and poor user experiences.  Many
    users use specific characters in their addresses that are not
    properly accepted on various systems.  This document prescribes
    normative regular expression (regex) patterns for all Internet-
    connected systems to use when validating or parsing Internet Mail
    identifiers, with special attention to regular expressions that work
    with popular languages and platforms.