Subject: [dispatch] BoF deadline for IETF-101

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:56:37 -0600

Hi all,

Sorry for the duplicate but I wanted to remind folks that since they moved
the Bof deadline up over the past few years and we've shifted the deadlines
to DISPATCH later over time, there's no longer an opportunity for us to
dispatch something as a BoF for the upcoming meeting.  So, if you think you
have new work that has any possibility of being a BoF, you need to be
working it through the BoF process.  If you're not sure, it's a really good
idea to get discussion going with the ADs and WG chairs *now*.

As a reminder, here are the DISPATCH WG deadlines:
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch

   - Feb 2, 2018. Cutoff date for IETF BoF submissions.

   - Feb 10, 2018. Cutoff date to notify the chairs/DISPATCH WG of plans to
   submit a proposal.

   - Feb 15, 2018. Cutoff for charter proposals (i.e., problem statement
   and proposed deliverables) for topics.

   - Feb 21, 2018. Announcement of topics that have been dispatched for
   IETF-101.

   - March 3, 2018. Draft submission deadline.

Regards,
Mary

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 11:25 AM
Subject: New work proposals for IETF 101 due Feb 2
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Cc: IETF <[email-masked]>

I wanted to remind everyone that the deadline to submit Birds of a Feather
(BoF) proposals for IETF 101 is rapidly approaching: Friday, February 2 at
23:59 UTC. Hopefully those whose have been working on ideas that seem like
they need to extend an existing working group’s charter, need a new working
group altogether, or need some dedicated face-to-face discussion in the
community have already been talking to your area directors [1] about these
proposals. If not, please do so right away! And please take a look at the
recommendations in RFC 5434 [2] about how to have a successful BoF.

Based on community discussion the IESG kicked off last fall [3], we have
updated the BoF wiki [4] to request some additional information from BoF
proponents. In addition to the information we require about every BoF
proposal, proponents are also encouraged to do the following in their BoF
wiki entries:

- List any protocols or practices that already exist in the space in which
the new work is being proposed.
- List any modifications to existing protocols or practices that will be
required by the new work.
- List any entirely new protocols or practices that will be required by the
new work.
- List any open source projects implementing the new work.

This information will allow the IESG, with the IAB’s assistance, to make
more informed decisions more quickly about BoF proposals.

Thanks,
Alissa Cooper
IETF Chair

[1] https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/members/
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5434
[3] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/orzFAklApVtBSlgK8LBb4Gc-OZY
[4] https://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki/WikiStart