Subject: [dispatch] Pre-WGLC: draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-02.txt

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 13:53:08 -0500

Hi all,

We would like to ask the WG to please review and comment on this document.
The chairs and authors think the document should be ready for WGLC, but
there’s been no WG mailing list discussion.  While we recognize this isn’t
necessarily work that’s of general interest to the entire WG,  there was no
opposition to adopting this as a WG document.

We’d like to do a 2 week “pre-WGLC” (ending on May 29th).  If you think the
document is ready and are willing to do a detailed review that  would be
great.  The plan would be for the authors to take any input received in the
next two weeks and generate a revision and then we’ll run an official 2
week WGLC.   At that time, we’ll also forward the document to other mailing
lists such as ART and relevant W3C list(s) to get any additional input from
those that aren’t subscribed to the DISPATCH WG mailing list.

Regards,

Mary

DISPATCH WG tri-chair

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, May 8, 2018 at 5:41 PM
Subject: [dispatch] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-02.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dispatch WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ECMAScript Media Types Updates
        Authors         : Bradley Farias
                          Matthew A. Miller
        Filename        : draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-02.txt
        Pages           : 21
        Date            : 2018-05-08

Abstract:
   This document proposes updates to the ECMAScript media types,
   superseding the existing registrations for "application/javascript"
   and "text/javascript" by adding an additional extension and removing
   usage warnings.  This document updates RFC4329, "Scripting Media
   Types".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
dispatch mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 11:32:57 +0100

As shepherd, I’ll review it now and write up a shepherd report.  But don’t
let that hold up a WGLC: go ahead and start that, and I’ll start my
shepherding in parallel.

Barry

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 7:53 PM Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> there’s been no WG mailing list discussion.  While we recognize this
> isn’t necessarily work that’s of general interest to the entire WG,  there
> was no opposition to adopting this as a WG document.
>
>
> We’d like to do a 2 week “pre-WGLC” (ending on May 29th).  If you think
> the document is ready and are willing to do a detailed review that  would
> be great.  The plan would be for the authors to take any input received
> in the next two weeks and generate a revision and then we’ll run an
> official 2 week WGLC.   At that time, we’ll also forward the document to
> other mailing lists such as ART and relevant W3C list(s) to get any
> additional input from those that aren’t subscribed to the DISPATCH WG
> mailing list.
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Mary
>
> DISPATCH WG tri-chair
>
> --
Barry
--
Barry Leiba  ([email-masked])
http://internetmessagingtechnology.org/