Subject: [dispatch] Summary: DISPATCH WG items March 2009-March 2019

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 11:23:45 -0500

Here is a snapshot of what is on the DISPATCH WG wiki since a point was
raised about the need to archive such.  https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch

By the way, I went through recently and updated the information to include
published RFC #s, etc.  There are handful of individual drafts for which
the meeting conclusion was that more discussion was needed.  If one of
those is yours and there has been subsequent discussion and the way forward
agreed with an AD, for example, OR you are not planning to pursue the
topic, I can update the wiki to reflect such.

Regards,
Mary
DISPATCH WG co-chair
Welcome to the IETF DISPATCH WG Wiki
<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#WelcometotheIETFDISPATCHWGWiki>

The DISPATCH WG in the ART area is chartered to review new work in the ART
area. Based on mailing list discussion, if there is sufficient interest,
willingness to contribute and WG consensus, new work items are dispatched
in various ways depending upon the scope and applicability of the work.
Mailing list discussions should focus on the problem statement, objectives
and deliverables in the form of a proposed charter. Note, that not all new
work items are required to be discussed in the DISPATCH WG - exceptions are
items that clearly fit within the chart of an existing WG (in this case
those WG chairs should be contacted) and in the case of topics that would
clearly require an official Bof (in which case the ADs should be contacted).

The following summarizes the current dispatchment options:

   - New work item in DISPATCH WG for registrations only

   - New work item in currently chartered WG

   - New WG

   - IETF official BoF - typically for work items that are of broad
   interest and potential impact within the ART area and across areas.

   - Individual/AD sponsored - for items limited in scope and applicability

IETF-104 Deadlines <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-104Deadlines>

   - February 8, 2019. Cutoff date for IETF BoF submissions.

   - February 15, 2019. Cutoff date to notify the chairs/DISPATCH WG of
   plans to submit a proposal/topic.

   - February 22, 2019. Cutoff for proposals (i.e., problem statement and
   proposed deliverables) for topics posted to the DISPATCH WG mailing list.

   - March 1, 2019. Announcement of topics that have been dispatched for
   IETF-104.

   - March 11, 2019. Draft submission deadline.

A complete list of deadlines for IETF-104 is available here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/important-dates/
Working with Deadlines
<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#WorkingwithDeadlines>

   - If you make the deadlines, you go to the front of the list for agenda
   time.

   - If you miss the deadlines, you go behind "Any Other Business" in terms
   of priority.

   - *Please* start draft names with: draft-<your-name-here>-dispatch-

DISPATCHed Topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#DISPATCHedTopics>

The following summarizes the work items that have been dispatched or are in
the process of being dispatched. Please note that this is *not* a complete
summary of the topics discussed in DISPATCH, but rather the items that have
been put forth for discussion at the meetings and/or agreed to be
progressed. The status of the work items still underway is periodically
posted to the DISPATCH WG mailing list. Please note that up-to-date
charters are available on the DISPATCH or topic specific mailing list (s).
IETF-104 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-104topics>

   - Relay User Machine (RUM) : Pre-IETF-104 WG agreement to charter WG.
      - Charter proposal:
      https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dispatch/DulYa-smNK96RXGos_x_lEjeUw8

   - JSON Contact:
      - Discussion:
      https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dispatch/IEwBrtBUZfAsD_usDt40HDBBTB0

   - Web Packaging:
      - Discussion and Document links:
      https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dispatch/e6ZSh7ocW6n2afnbwGzBlX1WT8Y

IETF-103 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-103topics>

   - HTTP Header Registry: Agreement with proposal to split.

   - The Secret Token URI scheme: Agreed to be progressed as *AD sponsored*.
      - Document:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nottingham-how-did-that-get-into-the-repo/

   - Regular Expressions for Internet Mail: Agreed to be progressed as *AD
   sponsored*.
      - Document:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seantek-mail-regexen/

IETF-102 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-102topics>

   - HELIUM: Discussion to continue on DISPATCH WG mailing list.
      - Document:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schwartz-httpbis-helium/

IETF-101 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-101topics>

   - JSON Content Rules: Discussion to continue on ART list.
      - Documents:
         - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-newton-json-content-rules/
         - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-newton-rdap-jcr/

   - Defining Well-Known URI: Agreed to be progressed as *AD sponsored*.
      - Document:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nottingham-rfc5785bis/

   - New Media Stack: Discussion to continue on a new dedicated mailing
   list.
      - Document:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jennings-dispatch-new-media/

IETF-100 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-100topics>

   - i18n - Internationalization (Again): Discussion to continue on ART
   list. ADs to consider how to progress documents.
      - Documents:
         - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-klensin-idna-rfc5891bis
         -
         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-freytag-troublesome-characters
         -
         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-klensin-idna-5892upd-unicode70

   - E2E Secure Messaging for SIP/SIMPLE: Agreed to be progressed as *AD
   sponsored*.
      - Document:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-campbell-sip-messaging-smime

   - Zstandard compression: *AD sponsored*. Published as *RFC 8478
   <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8478>*.

IETF-99 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-99topics>

   - ECMAscript Media type updates: Dispatched to *DISPATCH WG*

   - DNS Over HTTPS: *DOH WG* chartered.

   - Web Packaging: See IETF-104.

IETF-98 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-98topics>

   - Path MTU Discovery (PMTUD) for RTP/RTCP: Will not be progressed.
      - Document:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petithuguenin-dispatch-rtp-pmtud

   - Web Linking: *AD sponsored*. Published as *RFC 8288
   <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8288>*.

   - Q.850 Reason Location: Dispatched to *SIPCORE WG*.

   - Cryptographic Update to DKIM: *DCRUP WG* chartered.

IETF-97 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-97topics>

   - VoIP Spam: Dispatched to *SIPCORE WG*.

   - Regular Expressions for Email: See IETF-103.

IETF-96 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-96topics>

   - Glass to Glass Internet Ecosystem (GGIE): Interest in proponents
   refining work. More discussion needed.
      - Documents:
         - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-deen-daigle-ggie/
         -
         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-deen-naik-ggie-men-mpeg-dash/

   - Signalling one-click functionality for list email headers: *AD
   sponsored*. Published as *RFC 8058 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8058>*.

   - Using a DNS SRV Record to Locate an X.509 Certificate Store: Agreed to
   be progressed as *AD sponsored*.
      - Document: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bhjl-x509-srv/

IETF-95 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-95topics>

   - Best Practices for Securing RTP Media Signaled with SIP: *SIPBrandy WG*
    chartered.

   - IANA Registration of SIP Resource- Priority Namespace for Mission
   Critical Push To Talk service: *AD sponsored*. Published as *RFC 8101
   <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8101>*.

   - Last Diverting Line Identity: Needs more discussion.
      - Document:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-weinronk-dispatch-last-diverting-line-id/

IETF-94 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-94topics>

   - An Opportunistic Approach for Secure Real-time Transport Protocol: See
   IETF-95 *SIPBrandy WG*.

IETF-93 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-93topics>

   - GEOJson: *GEOJSON WG* chartered.

   - FFV1/Matroska: Proposed *CELLAR WG*.

   - Location Source Parameter:
      - Document:
      http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-winterbottom-dispatch-locparam/

   - Via header field parameter for received realm: *AD sponsored*.
   Published as *RFC 8055 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8055>*.

   - Selection of Language for Internet Media (SLIM): *SLIM WG* chartered.

IETF-92 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-92topics>

   - Routing out of dialog requests: Needs more discussion.
      - Document:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-allen-dispatch-routing-out-of-dialog-request/

   - GEOJson: see IETF-93

   - Calling name identity Trust (CNIT): Post IETF-92 discussion on cnit
   mailing list. See draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd
   <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd> in *STIR WG*.

   - VRS purpose for the Call Info header: Needs more discussion
      - Document:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kyzivat-dispatch-trs-call-info-purpose/

   - Cause URI for service number translation. *AD sponsored*.
Published as *RFC
   8119 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8119>*

IETF-91 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-91topics>

   - Correlation of multiple responses of forked INVITES in Back to Back
   User Agents: Needs more discussion.
      - Document:
      http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jesske-dispatch-forking-answer-correlation-00
      - Mailing list discussion:
      http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg05625.html

IETF-90 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-90topics>

   - Webpush: *WEBPUSH WG* chartered.

   - SIP URI Inter Operator Traffic Leg (IOTL) parameter: *AD sponsored*.
   Published as *RFC 7549 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7549>*

   - Mobile Equipment Identity (MEID) URNs: *AD sponsored*. Published as *RFC
   8464 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8464>*

IETF-89 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-89topics>

   - OpenBTS: Needs more mailing list discussion and a firmer proposal of
   problems being solved and deliverables.
      - Proposal:
      http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg05233.html
      - References:
         - Architecture Diagram
         <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dispatch/trac/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/OpenBTS-Diagram-DISPATCH.pdf>
         - Source code: https://wush.net/trac/rangepublic

IETF-88 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-88topics>

   - SDP negotiation of Data Channel sub-protocols: Dispatched to *MMUSIC
   WG*.

IETF-87 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-87topics>

No topics dispatched. See mailing list for some of the topics that were
proposed:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg04969.html
IETF-86 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-86topics>

   - SIP/XMPP: *STOX WG* chartered

   - Logging: General support for adopting this work. Dispatched to *INSIPID
   WG*.

   - SIP Usage for Trickle ICE: Dispatched to *MMUSIC WG*.

   - BFCP over websockets: Dispatched to *BFCPBIS WG*.

   - MSRP over Websockets: *AD sponsored*. Published as *RFC 7977
   <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7977>*

IETF-85 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-85topics>

   - Indicating Fax over IP Capability in SIP: *AD sponsored*.
Published as *RFC
   6913 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6913>*

   - Telephone-Related Queries (TERQ): *MODERN WG* chartered.

IETF-84 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-84topics>

   - Combined Use of SIP and XMPP (CUSAX): *AD sponsored*. Published as *RFC
   7081 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7081>*

IETF-83 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-83topics>

   - SIP Traversal Required for Applications to Work (STRAW): *STRAW WG*
    chartered.

   - Media Stream Signaling (MESS): Dispatched to *AVTEXT WG*

   - Telephone-Related Queries (TERQ): See IETF-85.

IETF-82 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-82topics>

   - Remote Call, Device Control: Post-IETF-82 decision not to charter.
      - (Original) Charter:
      http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg03778.html

   - Referencing and Verifying User Attributes: Interest in topic.
   Discussion to continue on the mailing list.
      - Related document:
      http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ono-dispatch-attribute-validation/

IETF-81 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-81topics>

   - Session-ID: *INSIPID WG* chartered.

   - Load Balancing: WG interest but needs more discussion.
      - Charter:
      http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg03649.html

   - BFCP for UDP: *BFCPBIS WG* chartered.

   - Global Service Provider Identification Number: Agreed to be progressed
   (likely as AD sponsored). Ongoing discussion should be on RAI area list (as
   opposed to DRINKS or DISPATCH).
      - Related document:
      http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-pfautz-service-provider-identifier-urn-00.txt

   - SIP Action Referral: See Remote Device, Call Control @ IETF-82.

IETF-80 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-80topics>

   - Q4S (on agenda): No interest in chartering this work. Being published
   via *ISE*.
      - Related document:
      http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-aranda-dispatch-q4s/

   - Reason header in responses: *AD sponsored*. Published as *RFC 6432
   <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6432>*

   - RTCWEB: *RTCWEB WG* chartered.

   - VIPR: *VIPR WG* chartered.

   - SIP Action Referral: See IETF-81.

   - SIP Interconnect guidelines: No interest in chartering this work.

IETF-79 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-79topics>

   - DTMF Info: No WG interest in this work.

   - Telepresence: *CLUE WG* chartered.

   - BFCP for UDP: See IETF-81

IETF-78 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-78topics>

   - Session-ID: See IETF-81

   - Telepresence: See IETF-79

   - VIPR: See IETF-80

   - TEL URI WG proposal: No interest in adopting this work as is. The
   recommendation is to go back to the general problem and describe the use
   cases such that an optimal solution can be developed.

IETF-77 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-77topics>

   - E.164 to Metadata (E2M). *BoF*.
      - BoF meeting minutes:
      http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/10mar/minutes/e2md.txt

IETF-76 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-76topics>

   - Session Recording: *SIPREC WG* chartered.

   - Domain Registration: *MARTINI WG* chartered (completed deliverables,
   closed March 9th, 2011)

   - Disaggregated Media: *SPLICES WG* chartered.

   - Alert-URNs: *SALUD WG* chartered.

   - Reason in Response: see IETF-80.

   - SIP-XMPP: XMPP WG consensus not to charter this work (at IETF-80)
      - Proposed SIXPAC charter:
      http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg02699.html

   - SIP Overload: *SOC WG* chartered.

IETF-75 topics <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch#IETF-75topics>

   - Sound level indicator (for conferences): Work item added to *AVT WG*
    charter.

   - Codec: *CODEC WG* chartered.

   - Common Log Format: *SIPCLF WG* chartered.

   - Call Control User-to-User Information: *CUSS WG* chartered.

   - Profile datasets (related to SIP configuration - from SIPPING WG):
   Work item removed from DISPATCH WG charter due to lack of interest.