Subject: [dispatch] Internet Draft for NNTP additions submitted

From: E Sam <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 10:12:01 -0400

For some strange reason I dont think my email went through.
So here it is again.

I know we’re all deep into IETF107 talk but when you have time check it out.

Hello all,

I have made the first I-D for the NNTP additions. It has been submitted to
the IETF datatracker. The file name is draft-sam-nntpupdates-00.txt

Some notes:
Since we have the errata to change, this draft is by no means represent all
the changes we need to make.

I reintregrated the dynamic feed proposed in 1999 because I still think it
is a good idea for tempory adjustments to newsfeeds (for example: when a
certain newsgroups is getting a spam wave etc.) Peers communicating feed
info out of band (e.g: emails) is still recommended due to the variety of
information needed and to avoid “command creep”

Maybe we can also work on USEFOR/USAGE in some way if it interestes  the
participants - however we want to be NNTP focused since it is a NNTP
working group after all.

I found some errors in some of the RFCs I referenced - I will be submitting
an errata soon.

Thanks