Subject: [dispatch] Protocol Action: 'Updated registration rules for URI.ARPA' to Best Current Practice (draft-hardie-dispatch-rfc3405-update-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 14:22:57 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Updated registration rules for URI.ARPA'
  (draft-hardie-dispatch-rfc3405-update-04.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hardie-dispatch-rfc3405-update/

Technical Summary

This document removes the normative requirement from RFC 3405 for
registrations in URI.ARPA to be from the IETF URI Tree.  This document
will be published as a Best Current Practice, as it updates BCP 35.

Working Group Summary and Document Quality

The draft was Dispatched at IETF 108: the decision was for it to be
AD-sponsored, and Barry Leiba agreed to sponsor it.  The conversation
in Dispatch was broadly supportive, but there was general agreement
that Dispatch should not make it a working group document.
The draft is very brief and to the point.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Spencer Dawkins.
The responsible Area Director is Barry Leiba.