Subject: [dispatch] React: Indicating Summary Reaction to a Message

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 07:06:41 -0800

G'day,

Murray and Barry advised pursuing this through Dispatch...

This draft has had some useful discussion on the ietf-822 mailing list. 
  There is no email-related, existing working group for pursuing it 
further -- it is out of scope for emailcore -- and it is much too small 
to warrant its own working group.

That makes AD-sponsored the most appropriate path for this draft, within 
the IETF RFC stream.

The goal is to have this published as Experimental.  (If there is a 
strong feeling that it could go straight to Proposed Standard, that 
would be fine, though unexpected.)

> Abstract
> 
>    The popularity of social media has led to user comfort with easily
>    signaling basic reactions to an author's posting, such as with a
>    'thumbs up' or 'smiley' graphic indication.  This specification
>    permits a similar facility for Internet Mail.
...
> 1.  Introduction...>    This facility defines a new MIME Content-Disposition, to be used in
>    conjunction with the In-Reply-To header field, to specify that a part
>    of a message containing one or more emojis be treated as a summary
>    reaction to a previous message.

d/

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-crocker-inreply-react-03.txt
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 08:00:14 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Ricardo Signes <[email-masked]>, R. Signes 
<[email-masked]>, Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>, Ned Freed 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-crocker-inreply-react-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Dave Crocker and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-crocker-inreply-react
Revision:	03
Title:		React: Indicating Summary Reaction to a Message
Document date:	2020-10-22
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		6
URL: https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-crocker-inreply-react-03.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-inreply-react/
Htmlized: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-crocker-inreply-react
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-inreply-react-03
Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-inreply-react-03

-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net

---

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 08:59:34 +0000

> would be fine, though unexpected.)

I like it. I might even implement it.

> _______________________________________________
> dispatch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch
>

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 06:13:09 -0800

> I like it. I might even implement it.

Excellent.  Anyone else have comments?

(I've also gotten an initial expression of interest from someone with 
Thunderbird.)

What are the next steps for getting this published?

d/