Subject: [Diversity] Diversity of User Cultures and Diversity of Management while maintaining Quality

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 14:10:48 +0100

+++++++++++++Possible Duplication ++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++ My posts may be blocked by IETF+++++++++
Hi
(I missed this discussion list so I will add my thoughts, sorry if this
message is long, I am working on my language to be efficient)

Is there other reasons for the results and conclusion the message [1] got
to? Is there something we can fix in the ietf-culture or
ietf-procedures to make the diversity more established? I think that
female managers/leaders are important to any world-organisation to get
successful, and to be specific, I will recommend all world NPOs
(Non-Profit Org.) need gender diversity (male or female, which one may
be minority) at *least* 10-20 percent of minority-gender management teams.
An NPO with all male or all female management is not successful for the
world of
diverse *gender* and *users*. Management skills if gender-diversed
will reflect better community involvement, choices, culture, and
decisions.

We need users to be diverse from different cities and different markets,
and from different origins/places of the world. As the Internet community
is changing every day increasing, but they may not use IETF. Who can the
IETF users work to make the IETF vision true.

 IMHO, Organisation Management objectives are to make 1) *users*
increase in numbers, 2) increase in diverse, 3) increase in
satisfaction, and 4) high quality RFCs applicable for the community. If
only present/current users select the management there is no dought that
their decisions reflect users-culture and awareness, but do they increase
the three objectives?

My concerns in the diversity issue is to focus on the diversity of
*management-gender* and *ietf-users* to benefit future decisions and
make *awareness* into the ietf-culture.
[1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg78882.html

Regards,
Abdussalam
Participant from Africa