Subject: [DMM] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:15:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Distributed Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements of distributed mobility management
	Author(s)       : H Anthony Chan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-07-11

Abstract:
   The traditional hierarchical structure of cellular networks has led
   to deployment models which are heavily centralized.  Mobility
   management with centralized mobility anchoring in existing
   hierarchical mobile networks is quite prone to suboptimal routing and
   issues related to scalability.  Centralized functions present a
   single point of failure, and inevitably introduce longer delays and
   higher signaling loads for network operations related to mobility
   management.  This document defines the requirements for distributed
   mobility management for IPv6 deployment.  The objectives are to match
   the mobility deployment with the current trend in network evolution,
   to improve scalability, to avoid single point of failure, to enable
   transparency to upper layers only when needed, etc.  The distributed
   mobility management also needs to be compatible with existing network
   deployments and end hosts, and be secured.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-requirements

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmm-requirements-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/