Subject: Re: [DMM] Comments on DMM Gap Analysis.

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 16:41:16 -0700

Hello Behcet,

I'm very curious:

On 9/26/2012 1:08 PM, Behcet Sarikaya wrote:

> With the cloud, two mobility entities may now become IPv6 neighbors in 
> the cloud. Trying to define signaling between such entities maybe no 
> longer a big issue. With cloud, DMM's premise somewhat disappears. We 
> need to find a new premise.

How is it that the mobility entities are "more neighborly" than they 
would be
in physical IPv6 networks?

How would there be information about whether the mobility entities
are in the same cloud or different clouds?

I do think that clouds are interesting, but it's not immediately obvious
to me how they change the fundamental nature of the DMM problem.

-- 
Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 10:45:00 -0500

Hi Charlie,

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Charles E. Perkins
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>> With the cloud, two mobility entities may now become IPv6 neighbors in the
>> cloud. Trying to define signaling between such entities maybe no longer a
>> big issue. With cloud, DMM's premise somewhat disappears. We need to find a
>> new premise.
>
>
> How is it that the mobility entities are "more neighborly" than they would
> be

In case of cloud networks, this is the only case we have to worry
about. In dmm it is always the case.
That is the difference.

> to me how they change the fundamental nature of the DMM problem.

Of course it would :-).

Regards,

Behcet

---

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 13:45:09 -0400

>> > to me how they change the fundamental nature of the DMM problem.

I don't think you've described how this is true yet in any of
your messages.

-- 
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 14:13:30 -0500

> I don't think you've described how this is true yet in any of

So then why are you worried?

What I am saying and it seems some people agree, is that there is
something called cloud networks and operators are more and more
committed to moving their networks into the cloud.

It seems like, I am not sure of course, that this trend is somewhat
different than what is assumed in dmm. So my suggestion is to the
colleagues who are doing the gap analysis work to consider including
the gap analysis on mobility protocols in cloud network as well as dmm
gap analysis.

It is just a friendly suggestion.

Regards,

Behcet