Subject: [DMM] [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-zuniga-dmm-gap-analysis-02.txt]

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 20:34:12 +0200

(re-sending, as Juan Carlos is having some issues posting to the list,
apologies if there are duplicates)

Hi all,
 
We have just submitted a new version of the Current Practices and DMM
Gap Analysis document.

We tried to address the multiple comments we received at the meeting and
on the mailing list.
 
We look forward to your new comments and reviews.

Best regards,

Juan-Carlos, Carlos, Telemaco and Charlie

-- 
Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano  http://www.netcom.it.uc3m.es/
GPG FP: D29B 0A6A 639A A561 93CA  4D55 35DC BA4D D170 4F67

Subject: I-D Action: draft-zuniga-dmm-gap-analysis-02.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 15:56:31 -0700
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mobility Practices and DMM Gap Analysis
	Author(s)       : Juan Carlos Zuniga
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Telemaco Melia
                          Charles E. Perkins
	Filename        : draft-zuniga-dmm-gap-analysis-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   This document describes practices for the deployment of existing
   mobility protocols in a distributed mobility management environment,
   and identifies the limitations in the current practices with respect
   to providing the expected functionality.

   The practices description and gap analysis are performed for IP-based
   mobility protocols, dividing them into two main solution families:
   client- and network-based.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zuniga-dmm-gap-analysis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zuniga-dmm-gap-analysis-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zuniga-dmm-gap-analysis-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 15:56:36 +0800

Hi Carlos and  Juan Carlos:

Thank you for your new version. Just some quick comments

I have some concern when I read the sentence in section 3.1.2 (REQ2: 
Transparency to Upper Layers when needed)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mobile IPv6 RO  The use of the route optimization support is
      transparent to the upper layers"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The RO of MIPv6 means the mobile node should initiate a session with its 
CN based on its CoA. So, if the mobile node change its point of 
attachment, that session which is based on the CoA should re-establish. In 
this case, we can not call it "be transparent to the upper layers". What 
do you think?

And, in section 3.2.1 (REQ1: Distributed deployment) 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" Multihoming in PMIPv6  As summarized in the previous section a single
      mobility session belongs to a single LMA (at the most the same
      mobility session is shared across two access networks).  As of
      today there is no possibility to distribute anchors and to move
      the session between different LMAs."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As written by the last sentence, do you mean within the scope of current 
RFC mobility management solutions, there is no possibility to distribute 
anchors and to move the session between different LMAs?

BR
Luowen

Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2012/10/24 02:34
请答复 给
[email-masked]

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送

主题
[DMM] [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-zuniga-dmm-gap-analysis-02.txt]

Hi all,

 

Best regards,

-----来自 [email-masked] 的消息，在 Mon, 22 Oct 2012 15:56:31 
-0700 -----
收件人:
[email-masked]
主题:
I-D Action: draft-zuniga-dmm-gap-analysis-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

Abstract:

dmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmm