Subject: [DMM] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dmm-hnprenum-05.txt> (Home Network Prefix Renumbering in PMIPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 10:12:16 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Distributed Mobility Management
WG (dmm) to consider the following document:
- 'Home Network Prefix Renumbering in PMIPv6'
  <draft-ietf-dmm-hnprenum-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-02-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In the basic Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) specification, a Mobile Node
   (MN) is assigned with a Home Network Prefix (HNP) during its initial
   attachment and the MN configures its Home Address (HoA) with the HNP.
   During the movement of the MN, the HNP remains unchanged to keep
   ongoing communications associated with the HoA.  However, the current
   PMIPv6 specification does not specify related operations when an HNP
   renumbering is happened.  In this document, a solution to support the
   HNP renumbering is proposed, as an update of the PMIPv6
   specification.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-hnprenum/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-hnprenum/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.