Subject: Re: [DMM] Mirja_Kühlewind's_No_Objection_on_draft-ietf-dmm-hnprenum-06:_(with_COMMENT)

From: "Z.W. Yan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 10:13:17 +0800

Hello, Mirja,
Thank you for the review and comments on this draft, please check my in-line responses below.

2017-03-06 

Z.W. Yan 

发件人： Mirja_Kühlewind 
发送时间： 2017-03-01  02:08:21 
收件人： The IESG 
抄送： draft-ietf-dmm-hnprenum; dmm-chairs; dmm; max.ldp 
主题： [DMM] Mirja_Kühlewind's_No_Objection_on_draft-ietf-dmm-hnprenum-06:_(with_COMMENT) 
 
Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dmm-hnprenum-06: No Objection
When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)
Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.
The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-hnprenum/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This document has a 2119 boilerplate but doesn't use normative language.
I think it would actually be good to use normative language!
Minor questions:
- secion 4: "This temporary binding should only be used for the downwards
packet transmission"
  By downward you mean 'to the MN', right? 
  Why is this? Does that actually help in any scenario?
*** You are right, the presentaion "This temporary binding
   should only be used for the downwards packet transmission and the LMA
   should stop broadcasting the routing information about the old HNP if
   the old HNP is no longer anchored at this LMA." may cause confusion and it will be revised as "And the LMA
   MUST stop broadcasting the routing information about the old HNP if
   the old HNP is no longer anchored at this LMA." 

- I'm not sure why section 3 is titled 'PMIPv6 Extensions'...?
*** Is "HNP Renumbering Procedure" better? 
_______________________________________________
dmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmm

---

From: "Mirja Kuehlewind (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 10:14:09 +0100

Hi,

both changes look good to me.

Mirja

> Am 06.03.2017 um 03:13 schrieb Z.W. Yan <[email-masked]>:
> 
> Hello, Mirja,