Subject: [DMM] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 21:36:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Mobility Management of the IETF.

        Title           : Distributed Mobility Anchoring
        Authors         : H. Anthony Chan
                          Xinpeng Wei
                          Jong-Hyouk Lee
                          Seil Jeon
                          Alexandre Petrescu
                          Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-04.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2017-04-11

Abstract:
   This document defines distributed mobility anchoring in terms of the
   different configurations, operations and parameters of mobility
   functions to provide different IP mobility support for the diverse
   mobility needs in 5G Wireless and beyond.  A network or network slice
   may be configured with distributed mobility anchoring functions
   according to the needs of mobility support.  In the distributed
   mobility anchoring environment, multiple anchors are available for
   mid-session switching of an IP prefix anchor.  To start a new flow or
   to handle a flow not requiring IP session continuity as a mobile node
   moves to a new network, the flow can be started or re-started using a
   new IP prefix which is allocated from and is therefore anchored to
   the new network.  For a flow requiring IP session continuity, the
   anchoring of the prior IP prefix may be moved to the new network.
   The mobility functions and their operations and parameters are
   general for different configurations.  The mobility signaling may be
   between anchors and nodes in the network in a network-based mobility
   solution.  It may also be between the anchors and the mobile node in
   a host-based solution.  The mobile node may be a host, but may also
   be a router carrying a network requiring network mobility support.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/