Subject: [DMM] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-dmm-lma-controlled-mag-params-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 15:31:01 -0700

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dmm-lma-controlled-mag-params-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-lma-controlled-mag-params/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a few minor editorial comments:

"LCMPReregistrationStartTime
  This variable is used to set the minimum time interval **in number of
seconds** before the expiry... The default
   value is 10 units, where each unit is 4 seconds."
I understand what it is trying to say, but the "in number of seconds" and
"units of 4 seconds" seemed confusing to me (and I immediately wanted to
try set it to e.g 43 seconds, just because :-))

"LCMPHeartbeatInterval"
  SHOULD NOT be less than 30 seconds or more than 3600 -- why not? If I
choose to DoS myself (or limit my ability to change), isn't that my
choice? (No need to change this, just checking to make sure the numbers
had discussion behind them).