Subject: [DMM] Protocol Action: 'Home Network Prefix Renumbering in PMIPv6' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dmm-hnprenum-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 11:55:11 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Home Network Prefix Renumbering in PMIPv6'
  (draft-ietf-dmm-hnprenum-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Distributed Mobility Management
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Suresh Krishnan and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-hnprenum/

Technical Summary

   Network managers currently prefer Provider Independent (PI)
   addressing for IPv6 to attempt to minimize the need for future
   possible renumbering.  However, a widespread use of PI addresses may
   cause Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) scaling problems.  It is thus
   desirable to develop tools and practices that make IPv6 renumbering a
   simpler process to reduce demand for IPv6 PI space [RFC6879]. This 
   document solves the HNP renumbering problem when the
   HNP in PMIPv6 [RFC5213] is not the type of PI.

Working Group Summary

  This document belongs to the PMIPv6 maintenance work. 
  It has been discussed in the working group and reviewed 
  by several PMIPv6 experts. There is WG consensus to publish this document.

Document Quality

  During the discussion of this document in the working group, 
  related vendors believed that Home Network Prefix renumbering
  for PMIPv6 is needed. This document has been reviewed by 
  the PMIPv6 experts in DMM working group. 

Personnel

  The document Shepherd is WG co-chair Dapeng Liu. The Responsible
  Area Director is Suresh Krishnan.