Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-klensin-rfc5321-numbered-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 14:30:02 -0500

Count:       20 
Network Working Group                                   J. Klensin
Internet-Draft                                   December 14, 2008
Obsoletes: 5321 (if approved)
Intended status: Standards Track

                       Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
                   draft-klensin-rfc5321-numbered-00.txt

 Abstract
20     This document is a specification of the basic protocol for Internet
21     electronic mail transport.  It consolidates, updates, and clarifies
22     several previous documents, making all or parts of most of them
23     obsolete.  It covers the SMTP extension mechanisms and best practices
24     for the contemporary Internet, but does not provide details about
25     particular extensions.  Although SMTP was designed as a mail
26     transport and delivery protocol, this specification also contains
27     information that is important to its use as a "mail submission"
28     protocol for "split-UA" (User Agent) mail reading systems and mobile
29     environments.

56                                                                       
58  Internet-Draft        RFC5321-Numbered               Dec 2008

_______________________________________________
dns-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-dir