Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-ietf-eai-dsnbis-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 14:30:04 -0500

Count:       17 

Network Working Group                                          C. Newman
Internet-Draft                                          Sun Microsystems
Obsoletes: 5337 (if approved)                           A. Melnikov, Ed.
Updates: 3461,3462,3464,3798                                   Isode Ltd
(if approved)                                          December 16, 2008
Intended status: Experimental
Expires: June 19, 2009

    Internationalized Delivery Status and Disposition Notifications
                      draft-ietf-eai-dsnbis-00.txt

 Abstract
   Delivery status notifications (DSNs) are critical to the correct
   operation of an email system.  However, the existing Draft Standards
   (RFC 3461, RFC 3462, RFC 3464) are presently limited to US-ASCII text
   in the machine-readable portions of the protocol.  This specification
   adds a new address type for international email addresses so an
   original recipient address with non-US-ASCII characters can be
   correctly preserved even after downgrading.  This also provides
   updated content return media types for delivery status notifications
   and message disposition notifications to support use of the new

_______________________________________________
dns-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-dir