Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-ietf-roll-protocols-survey-04.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:30:01 -0500

Networking Working Group                                        P. Levis
Internet-Draft                                       Stanford University
Intended status: Informational                               A. Tavakoli
Expires: July 24, 2009                                S. Dawson-Haggerty
                                                             UC Berkeley
                                                        January 20, 2009

Overview of Existing Routing Protocols for Low Power and Lossy Networks
                  draft-ietf-roll-protocols-survey-04

 Abstract
   Networks of low power wireless devices introduce novel IP routing
   issues.  Low-power wireless devices, such as sensors, actuators and
   smart objects, have difficult constraints: very limited memory,
   little processing power, and long sleep periods.  As most of these
   devices are battery-powered, energy efficiency is critically
   important.  Wireless link qualities can vary significantly over time,
   requiring protocols to make agile decisions yet minimize topology
   change energy costs.  Routing over such low power and lossy networks
   has novel requirements that existing protocols may not address.  This
   document provides a brief survey of the strengths and weaknesses of
   existing protocols with respect to this class of networks.  From this
   survey it examines whether existing and mature IETF protocols can be
   used without modification in these networks, or whether further work
   is necessary.

_______________________________________________
dns-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-dir