Subject: [dns-dir] FW: Internal WG Review: Recharter of Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions (pppext)

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 12:43:00 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
IESG Secretary
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 11:00 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Internal WG Review: Recharter of Point-to-Point Protocol
Extensions (pppext) 

A new charter for the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions working group
(pppext) in the Internet Area of the IETF is being considered.  The
draft charter is provided below for your review and comment.

Review time is one week.

The IETF Secretariat

Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions (pppext)
--------------------------------------------
Last Modified: 2009-05-29

Additional information is available at tools.ietf.org/wg/pppext

Chair(s):
James Carlson <[email-masked]>

Internet Area Director(s):
Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>

Internet Area Advisor:
Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pppext
In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pppext/index.html

Description of Working Group:

The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP, RFC 1661) is a mature protocol with a
large number of subprotocols, encapsulations and other extensions. The
PPPEXT working exists to provide a forum for asking clarifications about
the existing specifications and to defend against enhancements of
questionable value. The group is not expected to create new
specifications, and if a need for such work comes up, a recharter is
required. The group may, however, advance existing specifications to the
next level in the standards track, if a need for that comes up.
Similarly, the group may classify existing specifications as Historic
where this is appropriate.

Goals and Milestones:

Done   Advance SDL draft to Experimental
Done   Add VLAN support to BCP (RFC 1638) and recycle at Proposed 
       Standard