Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-09.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 14:30:00 -0400

Count:       13 

Network Working Group                                     V. Devarapalli
Internet-Draft                                                  WiChorus
Intended status: Standards Track                              K. Weniger
Expires: November 12, 2009                                  May 11, 2009

                      Redirect Mechanism for IKEv2
                draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect-09.txt

 Abstract
   IKEv2 is a protocol for setting up VPN tunnels from a remote location
   to a gateway so that the VPN client can access services in the
   network behind the gateway.  Currently there is no standard mechanism
   specified that allows an overloaded VPN gateway or a VPN gateway that
   is being shut down for maintenance to redirect the VPN client to
   attach to another gateway.  This document proposes a redirect
   mechanism for IKEv2.  The proposed mechanism can also be used in
   Mobile IPv6 to enable the home agent to redirect the mobile node to
   another home agent.