Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-speakman-manet-looping-issue-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 14:30:02 -0400

Count:       28 

Mobile Ad hoc Networking (MANET)                             L. Speakman
Internet-Draft                        Research Center for Natural Hazard
Intended status: Informational            and Disaster Recovery, Niigata
Expires: November 25, 2009                                    University
                                                                 K. Mase
                                          Graduate School of Science and
                                          Technology, Niigata University
                                                            May 25, 2009

         Routing Loop Issue in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs)
                 draft-speakman-manet-looping-issue-00

 Abstract
   This document describes the routing loop and packet looping issues in
   mobile ad hoc network (MANET) running proactive routing protocols
   using hop count metric.

   Mechanisms of loop formation are identified and how the problem of
   loop formation is exacerbated by the use of Link Layer Notification
   is described.  The effect of the looping packets on the network are
   shown by comparing against the case where the looping packets are
   detected and discarded, showing the need for routing loops or looping
   packets to be dealt with in MANETs.