Subject: [dns-dir] FW: [drinks] request for input

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:20:38 +0200

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Guyton, Deborah A
	Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 5:37 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [drinks] request for input

	The protocol design team has been working on a data model and
protocol for the registry provisioning interface.

	We have associated with each public identifier routing
information in the form of resolution answers on the name server.
Initially we looked at specific types of routing info - such as NS and
NAPTR Resource Records. We have heard feedback that this is too
DNS-centric. We are discussing collapsing these into a "generic" Route
Object. This may lead to a long set of attributes, one would be route
type, but many others would be optional and may only apply to a given
route type.

	We would appreciate some feedback -does it make sense to
collapse into a generic Route Object? Other suggestions are welcome.

	Thank you. Please reply to the list.

_______________________________________________
drinks mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/drinks