Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 14:30:07 -0400

Count:       61 

Network Working Group                                     P. Saint-Andre
Internet-Draft                                                     Cisco
Obsoletes: 3920 (if approved)                               June 1, 2009
Intended status: Standards Track
Expires: December 3, 2009

        Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Core
                       draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis-00

 Abstract
   This document defines the core features of the Extensible Messaging
   and Presence Protocol (XMPP), a technology for streaming Extensible

   Markup Language (XML) elements for the purpose of exchanging
   structured information in close to real time between any two or more
   network-aware entities.  XMPP provides a generalized, extensible
   framework for incrementally exchanging XML data, upon which a variety
   of applications can be built.  The framework includes methods for
   stream setup and teardown, channel encryption, authentication of a
   client to a server and of one server to another server, and
   primitives for push-style messages, publication of network
   availability information ("presence"), and request-response
   interactions.  This document also specifies the format for XMPP
   addresses, which are fully internationalizable.

   This document obsoletes RFC 3920.