Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-ietf-hip-native-api-07.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:30:04 -0400

Count:       11 

Host Identity Protocol                                           M. Komu
Internet-Draft                        Helsinki Institute for Information
Intended status: Experimental                                 Technology
Expires: January 14, 2010                                      Henderson
                                                      The Boeing Company
                                                           July 13, 2009

   Basic Socket Interface Extensions for Host Identity Protocol (HIP)
                      draft-ietf-hip-native-api-07

 Abstract
   This document defines extensions to the current sockets API for the
   Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  The extensions focus on the use of
   public-key based identifiers discovered via DNS resolution, but
   define also interfaces for manual bindings between HITs and locators.
   With the extensions, the application can also support more relaxed
   security models where the communication can be non-HIP based,
   according to local policies.  The extensions in document are
   experimental and provide basic tools for further experimentation with
   policies.