Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-huang-pnat-host-ipv6-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:30:01 -0400

Count:       46 

Network Working Group                                           B. Huang
Internet-Draft                                                   H. Deng
Intended status: Standards Track                            China Mobile
Expires: January 7, 2010                                    July 6, 2009

                Prefix NAT: Host based IPv6 translation
                     draft-huang-pnat-host-ipv6-00

 Abstract
   IPv4 migrating to IPv6 is a network layer issue, it is not easy to
   mandate the application in the host to change in the first place, the
   network layer may have to have a solution to support conventional
   IPv4 appliation in the IPv6 only network, especially when there are
   multiple applications need to be supported.  This document describes
   the mechanism for providing the host based IPv6 translation
   technology which could guarantee IPv4 application backward
   compatible, a new well known prefix has been defined for the
   destination address translation and network assigned prefix will be
   used for source address translation.