Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-lacharite-manet-holsr-02.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:30:05 -0400

Count:       31 

Mobile Ad hoc Networking (MANET)                            Y. Lacharite
Internet-Draft                                                   M. Wang
Intended status: Experimental             Communications Research Centre
Expires: January 14, 2010                                         Canada
                                                                P. Minet
                                                                   INRIA
                                                              T. Clausen
                                                LIX, Ecole polytechnique
                                                           July 13, 2009

                           Hierarchical OLSR
                     draft-lacharite-manet-holsr-02

 Abstract
   This document describes the Hierarchical Optimized Link State Routing
   (HOLSR) mechanism for heterogeneous mobile ad hoc networks.  In this
   specification a heterogeneous mobile ad hoc network is defined as a
   network of mobile routers that are characterized by different
   communication capabilities, such as communication channels,
   processing powers or energy levels.

   The HOLSR mechanism is an extension to the OLSRv2 protocol.  HOLSR
   takes advantage of the router's distinct communications capabilities
   to reduce the routing control overhead in large heterogeneous ad hoc
   networks, thus improving the performance of the routing mechanism.
   More precisely, HOLSR defines a hierarchy in the network and presents
   a routing scheme for this hierarchical structure with a better
   scalability.