Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-wing-http-new-tech-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 14:30:02 -0400

Count:       23 

Applications Area                                                D. Wing
Internet-Draft                                            A. Yourtchenko
Intended status:  Standards Track                           P. Natarajan
Expires:  January 3, 2010                                          Cisco
                                                            July 2, 2009

   Happy Eyeballs: Successful Introduction of New Technology to HTTP
                      draft-wing-http-new-tech-00

 Abstract
   People like their computers to work quickly.  During the transition
   to new technology, both old and new technologies have to peacefully

   co-exist.  However, if users experience connection delays attributed
   to the new technology the new technology will be shunned.

   HTTP ("The Web") is one of the most visible and time-critical
   applications that is used by nearly every Internet user.  It is
   critical that new technologies which improve HTTP not impair or delay
   the display of HTTP content.  It is also important that users retain
   the ability to share URIs amongst friends and colleagues, even if the
   other users have not upgraded to the new technology.

   This draft makes several recommendations to ensure user satisfaction
   and a smooth transition from HTTP's pervasive IPv4 to IPv6 and from
   TCP to SCTP.

   The audience for this draft is application developers and content
   providers.  This draft is discussed on the Applications Discuss
   mailing list, https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss.