Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-01.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:30:00 -0400

Count:       21 

SPEERMINT Working Group                                     S. Niccolini
Internet-Draft                                                       NEC
Intended status: Informational                                   E. Chen
Expires: January 14, 2010                                            NTT
                                                              J. Seedorf
                                                                     NEC
                                                               H. Scholz
                                                                 freenet
                                                           July 13, 2009

        SPEERMINT Security Threats and Suggested Countermeasures
                  draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-01

 Abstract
   This memo presents the different security threats related to
   SPEERMINT, classifying them into threats to the Lookup Function
   (LUF), Location Routing Function (LRF), to the Signaling Function
   (SF) and to the Media Function (MF).  The different instances of the
   threats are briefly introduced inside the classification.  Finally,
   the existing security solutions for SIP and RTP/RTCP are presented to
   describe the countermeasures currently available for such threats.
   Security requirements for SPEERMINT can be found in
   draft-ietf-speermint-requirements.  The objective of this document is
   to identify and enumerate SPEERMINT-specific threat vectors and to
   give guidance for implementers on selecting appropriate
   countermeasures.