Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-sharikov-idn-reg-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 14:30:01 -0400

Count:       21 

Network Working Group                                        S. Sharikov
Internet-Draft                                               Regtime Ltd
Intended status: Informational                             D. Miloshevic
Expires: January 5, 2010                                         Afilias
                                                              J. Klensin
                                                            July 4, 2009

     Internationalized Domain Names Registration and Administration
            Guideline for European languages using Cyrillic
                     draft-sharikov-idn-reg-00.txt

 Abstract
   This document is a guideline for Registries and Registrars on
   registering internationalized domain names (IDNs) based on (in
   alphabetical order) Bosnian, Bulgarian, Byelorussian, Macedonian,
   Montenegrin, Russian, Serbian, and Ukrainian languages in a DNS zone.
   For completeness of the "European" languages, it also discusses the
   additional characters needed for Moldovan and Kildin Sami.  It
   describes appropriate characters for registration and variant
   considerations for characters from Greek and Latin scripts with
   similar appearances and/or derivations.