Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-ietf-behave-v6v4-xlate-stateful-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 14:30:01 -0400

Count:       36 

BEHAVE WG                                                     M. Bagnulo
Internet-Draft                                                      UC3M
Intended status: Standards Track                             P. Matthews
Expires: January 5, 2010                                  Alcatel-Lucent
                                                          I. van Beijnum
                                                          IMDEA Networks
                                                            July 4, 2009

  NAT64: Network Address and Protocol Translation from IPv6 Clients to
                              IPv4 Servers
                draft-ietf-behave-v6v4-xlate-stateful-00

 Abstract
   NAT64 is a mechanism for translating IPv6 packets to IPv4 packets and
   vice-versa.  DNS64 is a mechanism for synthesizing AAAA records from
   A records.  These two mechanisms together enable client-server
   communication between an IPv6-only client and an IPv4-only server,
   without requiring any changes to either the IPv6 or the IPv4 node,
   for the class of applications that work through NATs.  They also
   enable peer-to-peer communication between an IPv4 and an IPv6 node,
   where the communication can be initiated by either end using
   existing, NAT-traversing, peer-to-peer communication techniques.
   This document specifies NAT64, and gives suggestions on how they
   should be deployed.