Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-adamson-nfsv4-multi-domain-access-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 14:30:01 -0400

Count:       34 

NFSv4 Working Group                                           W. Adamson
Internet-Draft                                                    NetApp
Intended status: Standards Track                              K. Coffman
Expires: January 4, 2010                    CITI, University of Michigan
                                                            July 3, 2009

                       NFSv4 Multi-Domain Access
               draft-adamson-nfsv4-multi-domain-access-00

 Abstract
   The NFS Version 4 [NFSv40] protocol enables the construction of a
   distributed file system which can join NFSv4.0 or NFSv4.1 [NFSv41]
   servers, which potentially use separate name translation services and
   separate security services, into a common name space.

   The protocol supports multiple authentication methods and does not
   restrict how users are represented or authenticated.  As such a
   user's view of the name space may be limited by the authentication
   and authorization privileges they have on the different file servers
   in the name space.

   This document discusses authentication and authorization management
   and proposes two name service attributes that are used for NFSv4 name
   and security principal translations to enable users to traverse and
   access files in a secure, multi-domain NFS Version 4 name space.