Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-xu-behave-ivit-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:30:07 -0400

Count:       13 

Network Working Group                                              M. Xu
Internet-Draft                                                    C. Xia
Intended status: Experimental                                      X. Li
Expires: January 7, 2010                                          Y. Cui
                                                                   J. Wu
                                                     Tsinghua University
                                                            July 6, 2009

                            IVIT(IVI+Tunnel)
                        draft-xu-behave-ivit-00

 Abstract
   This document proposes a mechanism, IVIT (IVI+Tunnel), to support
   non-IVI IPv6 hosts to communicate with IPv4 hosts, and vice versa.
   IVIT combines IVI translation and Tunnel methods with the IVI
   translation at the core and the tunnel at the edge.  In this
   document, IVIT provides two modes.  One is the dual-stack host mode,
   which supports the communication between a dual-stack host in an IPv4
   network and a non-IVI IPv6 host, especially the communication
   scenario between a dual-stack server in an IPv4 network and a non-IVI
   IPv6 host.  The other is the CPE mode, which supports the
   communication between an IPv4-only host and a non-IVI IPv6 host,
   especially the bidirectional communication scenario between a private
   IPv4 network and a non-IVI IPv6 network.  Combined with IVI, IVIT can
   support the communication between IPv4 networks and IPv6 networks
   statelessly at the core.