Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-donley-ipv6-cpe-rtr-use-cases-and-reqs-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 14:30:02 -0400

Count:       18 

Network Working Group                                          C. Donley
Internet-Draft                                              D. Kharbanda
Intended status: Informational                                 CableLabs
Expires: January 3, 2010                                   J. Brzozowski
                                                                  Y. Lee
                                                           Comcast Cable
                                                                 J. Weil
                                                      Cox Communications
                                                             K. Erichsen
                                                               L. Howard
                                                       Time Warner Cable
                                                            JF. Tremblay
                                                               Videotron
                                                            July 2, 2009

           Use Cases and Requirements for an IPv6 CPE Router
            draft-donley-ipv6-cpe-rtr-use-cases-and-reqs-00

 Abstract
   This document captures use cases and associated requirements for an
   IPv6 Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) router.  Specifically, the
   current version of this document focuses on the provisioning of an
   IPv6 CPE router and the provisioning of IPv6 Home Devices attached to
   it.  It also addresses IPv6 traffic forwarding and IPv6 CPE Router
   security.  This document also identifies areas for future
   consideration.  These areas include prefix sub-delegation, IPv6
   multicast, transition and tunneling mechanisms, provisioning
   consistency between DHCPv4 and DHCPv6, and DNS support.  This
   document does not address IPv4 use cases or requirements, as they are
   widely understood; however, it is expected that IPv6 CPE Routers will
   also support IPv4.