Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-yao-dnsop-idntld-implementation-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:30:00 -0400

Count:       45 

Network Working Group                                             J. Yao
Internet-Draft                                                    X. Lee
Intended status: BCP                                               CNNIC
Expires: April 16, 2010                                 October 13, 2009

               IDN TLD Variants Implementation Guideline
              draft-yao-dnsop-idntld-implementation-00.txt

 Abstract
   ICANN is pushing the IDN TLD into the root server.  Some IDN TLD has
   the variants.  Currently, there are two proposals to implement the
   IDN TLD variants in the root servers:1, implement it with the DNAME
   record; 2, implement it with NS record.  The IDN TLD variants may be
   reserved or activated.  If the IDN TLD variants are activated, these
   variants will be allocated to the same TLD manager in order to avoid
   the possible phishing problems.  How to deal with the IDN TLD variant
   issue is a big challenge ahead of us.  This document discusses the
   IDN TLD variants implementation issues related with DNAME and NS
   resource record way.  This memo also gives a proposal about how to
   avoid the possible phishing problem after putting the IDN TLD
   variants into the root.