Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-otis-dkim-tpa-label-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 14:30:01 -0400

Count:       12 

DKIM Working Group                                               D. Otis
Internet-Draft                                               Trend Micro
Intended status: Standards Track                         October 7, 2009
Expires: April 10, 2010

                  DKIM Third-Party Authorization Label
                      draft-otis-dkim-tpa-label-00

 Abstract
   TPA-label is a DNS-based prefix mechanism for DKIM policy related
   records as a means to authorize Third-Party domains, such as mailing-
   lists.  This mechanism allows first-party domains to autonomously

   authorize a range of third-party domains using scalable, individual
   DNS transactions.  This authorization extends the scope of DKIM
   policy assertions as a means to supplant more difficult to administer
   mechanisms.  Alternatives for facilitating third-party authorizations
   currently necessitate coordination between two or more domains to
   synchronously set up selector/key DNS records, DNS zone delegations,
   or the regular exchange of public/private keys.

   Checking DKIM policies may occur when a From header email-address is
   not within the domain of a valid DKIM signature.  When a Third-Party
   signature is found, TPA-Labels offer an efficient means for email
   address domains to authorize specific third-party signing domains.