Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-shin-dnsop-self-termination-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:30:01 -0400

Count:       33 

DNSOP Working Group                                              S. Shin
Internet-Draft                                                    H. Lee
Intended status: Informational                                   C. Park
Expires: April 19, 2010                                          H. Paik
                                        Korea Internet & Security Agency
                                                                of Korea
                                                        October 16, 2009

           Self-termination Mechanism for Anycast DNS Service
                  draft-shin-dnsop-self-termination-00

 Abstract
   Anycast has in recent years become popular for DNS servers and widely
   applied to several root nams servers and to other commercial name
   servers.  For Anycast-based DNS service reliability, this documents
   describes the use of self-termination mechanism in Anycast-based DNS
   service operation when the service becomes unavailable due to events
   such as hardware failures