Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-carpenter-behave-referral-object-01.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:30:07 -0400

Count:       18 

GROBJ BOF                                              B. Carpenter, Ed.
Internet-Draft                                         Univ. of Auckland
Intended status: Standards Track                            M. Boucadair
Expires: April 23, 2010                                   France Telecom
                                                              J. Halpern
                                                                Ericsson
                                                                S. Jiang
                                            Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
                                                                K. Moore
                                                        Network Heretics
                                                        October 20, 2009

            A Generic Referral Object for Internet Entities
               draft-carpenter-behave-referral-object-01

 Abstract
   The purpose of a referral is to enable a given entity in a multiparty
   application to pass information to another party.  This memo
   specifies a Generic Referral Object (GRO) to be used in the context
   of referrals.  The proposed object is compact and is application-
   independent.  Both IPv4 and IPv6 schemes are supported, as well as
   upper layer identifiers.  Additional information to characterise an
   enclosed reference is also described.  To allow proper interpretation
   of referrals, a new notion of scope identifiers is introduced.