Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-allbery-afs-srv-records-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 14:30:01 -0400

Count:       59 

Network Working Group                                         R. Allbery
Internet-Draft                                       Stanford University
Intended status: Informational                           October 3, 2009
Expires: April 6, 2010

                    DNS SRV Resource Records for AFS
                    draft-allbery-afs-srv-records-00

 Abstract
   This document specifies how to use DNS (Domain Name Service) SRV RRs
   (Resource Records) to locate services for the AFS distributed file
   system and how the priority and weight values of the SRV RR should be

   interpreted in the server weighting system used by AFS.  It
   deprecates use of the AFSDB RR to locate AFS cell database servers
   and provides guidance for backward compatibility.

Internet Draft Comments

   Comments are solicited.  Please include the AFS Standardization
   mailing list at [email-masked] as a recipient of
   any comments.