Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-wing-v6ops-v6app-v4server-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:30:08 -0400

Count:       13 

BEHAVE Working Group                                             D. Wing
Internet-Draft                                                     Cisco
Intended status:  Informational                         October 19, 2009
Expires:  April 22, 2010

          Building IPv6 Applications which Access IPv4 Servers
                   draft-wing-v6ops-v6app-v4server-00

 Abstract
   When an application runs on a host or network that only supports IPv6
   ("IPv6-only"), it is sometimes necessary that the application
   communicate with IPv4 peers.  When that communication involves DNS,

   DNS64 and a 6/4 translator works well without any changes to most
   applications.  However, when that communication does not involve DNS,
   it can require additional features be configured on or programmed
   into the IPv6 application.  This document explains why this
   functionality is important and describes mechanisms for applications
   to provide such functionality.