Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-zhang-hip-hi-revocation-01.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:30:01 -0400

Count:       11  Network working group                                     Dacheng Zhang 
 Internet Draft                              Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd 
 Category: Informational                                Dmitriy Kuptsov 
 Created: October 26, 2009 Helsinki Institute for Information Technology 
 Expires: April 2010                                           Sean Shen 
                                                                   CNNIC 

                     Host Identifier Revocation in HIP 
                      draft-zhang-hip-hi-revocation-01 

  Abstract 
    This document mainly analyzes the key revocation issue with host 
    identities (HIs) in the Host Identity Protocol (HIP), which has not 
    attracted enough attention from the HIP community yet. As a key 
    functionality of key management mechanisms, key revocation is 
    critical for security systems especially which are expected to 
    operate for a long period. Apart from that, this document also 
    discusses the potential challenges that the designers of HI 
    revocation mechanisms have to encounter and propose candidate 
    solutions.  

 Conventions used in this document 

    The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
    "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
    document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].