Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-wing-behave-v4app-v6server-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:30:05 -0400

Count:       11 

BEHAVE Working Group                                             D. Wing
Internet-Draft                                                     Cisco
Intended status:  Informational                                 C. Byrne
Expires:  April 22, 2010                                    T-Mobile USA
                                                        October 19, 2009

     Concerns with IPv4 Applications Accessing IPv6 Servers (NAT46)
                  draft-wing-behave-v4app-v6server-00

 Abstract
   Bump-in-the-Stack and Bump-in-the-API allow IPv4 applications to
   access IPv6 servers.  This is done by using in-host NAT46 translator.

   When used in conjunction with an in-network NAT64, it is also
   possible for the IPv4 application to access an IPv4 server via an
   IPv6-only network.  This document describes how these functions work
   in detail, and discusses some concerns especially around IPv4
   applications accessing IPv6 servers.  These concerns can be reduced
   by not having IPv4 applications access IPv6 servers.