Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-bellis-dns-recursive-discovery-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:30:01 -0400

Count:       45 

Network Working Group                                          R. Bellis
Internet-Draft                                                Nominet UK
Intended status: Standards Track                                A. Bligh
Expires: April 18, 2010                       Silverscale Associates Ltd
                                                           W. Wijngaards
                                                              NLnet Labs
                                                        October 15, 2009

       DNS Proxy Bypass by Recursive DNS Discovery and LOCAL.ARPA
                draft-bellis-dns-recursive-discovery-00

 Abstract
   This document describes a method for a DNS client resolver to
   discover the IP addresses of the upstream recursive DNS resolvers and
   hence bypass the local DNS proxy.  It also directs IANA to reserve
   the "LOCAL.ARPA" domain name and to create a registry for well known
   sub-domains of that domain name, such sub-domains being reserved for
   use within any network's administrative boundary.