Subject: [dns-dir] DNS Early Warn: draft-zhang-hip-investigation-proxy-00.txt

From: Olafur_DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:30:02 -0400

Count:       60  Network working group                                    Dacheng Zhang 
 Internet Draft                                               Xiaohu Xu 
 Intended status: Experimental              Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd 
 Created: October 19, 2009                                 Jiankang Yao 
 Expires: April 2010                                              CNNIC           

                        Investigation in HIP Proxies 
                   draft-zhang-hip-investigation-proxy-00 

  Abstract 
    HIP proxies play an important role in the transition from the 
    current Internet architecture to the HIP architecture. The major 
    function of HIP proxies is to make up legacy (or Non-HIP) hosts as 
    HIP hosts and enable them to communicate with HIP hosts without 
    upgrading their protocol stacks. In this document, the legacy hosts 
    served by proxies is referred to as the Made-up Legacy (ML) hosts. 
    Currently, various design solutions of HIP proxies have been 
    proposed for different working circumstances, and the effectiveness 
    of these solutions can be influenced by various factors (e.g., the 
    information of HIP hosts maintained in DNS servers, the position 
    where a proxy is located, etc.). In this document, we attempt to 
    investigate these solutions in detail and compare their performance 
    in different scenarios. 

 Conventions used in this document 

    The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
    "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
    document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].