Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-lefaucheur-cdni-requirements-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:40:01 -0500

Count:       36 

Network Working Group                                     F. Le Faucheur
Internet-Draft                                          M. Viveganandhan
Intended status: Informational                                     Cisco
Expires: July 30, 2011                                         G. Watson
                                                                      BT
                                                                  Y. Lee
                                                                 Comcast
                                                        January 26, 2011

    Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) Requirements
                 draft-lefaucheur-cdni-requirements-00

 Abstract

   Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) are frequently used for large-scale
   content delivery.  As a result, existing CDN providers are scaling up
   their infrastructure and many Network Service Providers (NSPs) are
   deploying their own CDNs.  There is a requirement for interconnecting
   standalone CDNs so that their collective CDN footprint can be
   leveraged for the end-to-end delivery of content from Content Service
   Providers (CSPs) to end users.  However, no standards or open
   specifications currently exist to facilitate such CDN
   interconnection.

   The "CDN Interconnect Problem Statement" Internet-Draft outlines the
   problem area for the IETF with a view towards creating a working
   group.  This working group would work on an interoperable and
   scalable solution for CDN interconnection.  The goal of the present
   document is to start outlining the requirements for such a "CDN
   Interconnection" solution.