Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-crocker-dkim-doseta-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:40:00 -0500

Count:       59 

DKIM                                                     D. Crocker, Ed.
Internet-Draft                               Brandenburg InternetWorking
Intended status: Standards Track                       M. Kucherawy, Ed.
Expires: July 18, 2011                                         Cloudmark
                                                        January 14, 2011

                  DomainKeys Security Tagging (DOSETA)
                      draft-crocker-dkim-doseta-00

 Abstract

   DomainKeys Security Tagging (DOSETA) is a component mechanism that
   enables development of a security-related service, such as
   authentication or encryption, with keys based on domain names; the
   name owner can be any actor involved in the handling of the data,
   such as the author's organization, a server operator or one of their
   agents.  The DOSETA Library provides a collection of common
   capabilities, including canonicalization, parameter tagging, and
   retrieval of self-certified keys.  The DOSETA Signing Template
   affixes a signature to data that is in a "header/content" form.
   Defining the meaning of the signature is the responsibility of the
   service that incorporates DOSETA.  The signature is validated through
   a cryptographic signature and querying the signer's domain directly,
   to retrieve the appropriate public key.