Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-ietf-behave-64-analysis-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:40:00 -0500

Count:       36 

Behavior Engineering for Hindrance                              R. Penno
Avoidance                                               Juniper Networks
Internet-Draft                                                 T. Saxena
Intended status: Informational                             Cisco Systems
Expires: July 23, 2011                                      M. Boucadair
                                                          France Telecom
                                                            S. Sivakumar
                                                           Cisco Systems
                                                        January 19, 2011

                       Analysis of 64 Translation
                    draft-ietf-behave-64-analysis-00

 Abstract

   Due to specific problems, NAT-PT was deprecated by the IETF as a
   mechanism to perform IPv6-IPv4 translation.  Since then, new efforts
   have been undertaken within IETF to standardize alternative
   mechanisms to perform IPv6-IPv4 translation.  This document evaluates
   how the new translation mechanisms avoid the problems that caused the
   IETF to deprecate NAT-PT.