Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-crocker-dkim-rfc4871bis-doseta-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:40:00 -0500

Count:       14 

DKIM                                                     D. Crocker, Ed.
Internet-Draft                               Brandenburg InternetWorking
Obsoletes: 4871, 5672 (if approved)                    M. Kucherawy, Ed.
Intended status: Standards                                     Cloudmark
Expires: July 18, 2011                                  January 14, 2011

       DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures - Over DOSETA
                draft-crocker-dkim-rfc4871bis-doseta-00

 Abstract

   DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) permits a person, role, or
   organization that owns the signing domain to claim some
   responsibility for a message by associating the domain with the
   message.  This can be an author's organization, an operational relay
   or one of their agents.  DKIM separates the question of the identity
   of the signer of the message from the purported author of the
   message.  Assertion of responsibility is validated through a
   cryptographic signature and querying the signer's domain directly to
   retrieve the appropriate public key.  Message transit from author to
   recipient is through relays that typically make no substantive change
   to a message or its content and thus preserve the DKIM signature.