Subject: [dns-dir] FW: WG Review: Audio/Video Transport Payloads (payload)

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:21:08 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
IESG Secretary
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:35 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: WG Review: Audio/Video Transport Payloads (payload) 

A new IETF working group has been proposed in the Real-Time Applications
and Infrastructure Area.  The IESG has not made any determination as
yet.
The following draft charter was submitted, and is provided for
informational purposes only. Please send your comments to the IESG
mailing
list ([email-masked]) by Tuesday, January 18, 2011.               

Audio/Video Transport Payloads (payload)
-------------------------------------------
Current Status: Proposed Working Group
Last modified: 2010-12-03

Chairs: TBD

Real-Time Applications and Infrastructure Area Directors:
  Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
  Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>

Real-Time Applications and Infrastructure Area Advisor:
  Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists: TBD

Description of Working Group:

  The PAYLOAD working group is tasked with the specification and
  maintenance of payload formats for use with the Real-Time Transport
  Protocol, RTP [RFC3550]. The group will follow the guidelines
  established in "Guidelines for Writers of RTP Payload Format
  Specifications" [BCP 36], the "How to Write an RTP Payload Format" 
  (under development) and is responsible for maintaining those
  guidelines.

  This working group will develop RTP payload formats for new media
  codecs, review and revise existing payload formats to advance those
  which are useful to Draft Standard or Standard, and declare others
  Historic.

Goals and Milestones:
Dec 2010  Submit RTP Payload Format for MIDI for Proposed Standard Feb
2011  Submit How to Write an RTP Payload Format for Informational Feb
2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for MPEG-4 Audio/Visual Streams for 
          Proposed Standard
Mar 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for EVBR/G.718 for Proposed Standard
Mar 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for Enhanced Variable Rate 
          Narrowband-Wideband Codec (EVRC-NW) for Proposed Standard Mar
2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for Bluetooth's SBC audio codec for 
          Proposed Standard
Apr 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for MPEG2-TS preamble for Proposed 
          Standard
Apr 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for DV (IEC 61834) Video for 
          Proposed Standard
Apr 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for the iSAC codec for Proposed 
          Standard
Apr 2011  Submit RTP profile for the carriage of SMPTE 336M data for 
          Proposed Standard
Jun 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for MVC Video for Proposed Standard