Subject: [dns-dir] DNS-EW: draft-jiang-ipv6-site-renum-guideline-00.txt

From: DNS_EARLY_WARNING <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:40:00 -0500

Count:       29 Network Working Group                                         S. Jiang
Internet Draft                                                  B. Liu
Intended status: Best Current Practice    Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
Expires: August 5, 2011                               January 26, 2011

           IPv6 Site Renumbering Guidelines and Further Works
              draft-jiang-ipv6-site-renum-guideline-00.txt

 Abstract

   This document analyzes the existing issues for IPv6 site renumbering.
   It also analyzes the possible directions to solve these issues and
   gives recommendations. This document only takes the perspective of
   network and network protocols. Renumbering in IPv4 networks, in the

   dual-stack network or in the IPv4/IPv6 transition networks are out of
   scope.

   This document only takes the perspective of network and network
   protocols. According to the different stages, these issues are
   described in three categories: considerations during network design,
   considerations for routine network management, and considerations
   during renumbering operation. Recommended solutions or strategies are
   also described. Issues that still remain unsolvable are listed as the
   fourth category.

   Although we list a few non-network issues in this document, we
   consider them as issues that ISPs or network providers cannot affect.
   So, these issues are considered to be unsolvable and not explore
   further in these document, though they may be solved by OS
   implementations or application implementations.

   We summary the requests that need to extend current protocols as
   further works at the end of this document.