Subject: [dns-dir] WGLC for spf experiment conclusion

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 07:51:40 -0400

Hi all,

I thought I'd posted this already, but I see I haven't.  Early onset
senility is a terrible thing.

Anyway, SPFBIS (I'm co-chair) has WGLC'd the experiment conclusion
document.  You might recall that SPF and Sender ID were both published
as experimental at the end of the MARID train wreck.

The experiment conclusion notes that the SPF RRTYPE, type 99, is all
but unused, and that there is actually a problem in the way RFC 4408
specifies the use of that RRTYPE.  As a result, the document is
suggesting that the RRTYPE is a failure.

For this and other reasons, it seems desirable that someone other than
me from the directorate review the draft.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment

There is an appendix that contains a number of remarks about the
RRTYPE.  I've already warned the editor that I'll go through it with
an aggressive red pen, and so the WG is expecting changes.  But, of
course, more eyes are better.

Best,

A
-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]