Subject: Last Call: Domain Name System (DNS) IANA Considerations to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:49:42 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the DNS Extensions Working Group
to consider Domain Name System (DNS) IANA Considerations
<draft-ietf-dnsext-iana-dns-00.txt> as a BCP.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by June 27, 2000.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-iana-dns-00.txt

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.

---

From: Bill Manning <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 100 10:55:32 -0700 (PDT)

It is useful to note that although this draft has a -00 extention,
 it has been discussed and revised extensivly under the draft lable
 draft-ietf-dnsind-iana-dns-05.txt.   The two are functionally identical.

% 
% 
% The IESG has received a request from the DNS Extensions Working Group
% to consider Domain Name System (DNS) IANA Considerations
% <draft-ietf-dnsext-iana-dns-00.txt> as a BCP.
% 
% The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
% final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
% [email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by June 27, 2000.
% 
% Files can be obtained via
% http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-iana-dns-00.txt
% 
% 

-- 
--bill