Subject: RE: draft-costanzo-dns-gl-02.txt

From: Davis Sylvester III <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 11:55:11 -0500

I think that the geographic location would be a great addition.

Reasons...
   
    --- E-Commerce how many Companies are trying to pin-point where there
users are coming from

I agree with the others, Administration of this feature would be hard

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.

---

From: Paul A Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 10:35:48 -0700

>     --- E-Commerce how many Companies are trying to pin-point where there

LOC already handles that case.

---

From: Andrew Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 16:21:08 -0400

>    --- E-Commerce how many Companies are trying to pin-point where there

as if they can tell where i am if i dial into a nationwide 800 dialup
service?  do they expect the provider to update the record to agree
with my present location?  i doubt it.  what if i choose to pay long
distance charges and dial in to a pop in another part of the country?

besides, if they person actually buys something, they can get the
information they want that way.  perhaps the e-commerce sites should
be selling stuff i actually want...

>I agree with the others, Administration of this feature would be hard

not hard as such, but just almost completely pointless.  if you want
one, you can put it in, but if you want them from others...there's
very little you can do.

-- 
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
[email-masked]             * "ah!  i see you have the internet
[email-masked] (Andrew Brown)                that goes *ping*!"
[email-masked]       * "information is power -- share the wealth."