Subject: New edition of the Zone Status draft

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:03:53 -0400

I've put out a new version of the zone status draft (announcement sooner or
later) without a section urging for the removal of the NULL keys and with a
section on "islands" of security.

The three reasons why the NULL key dropping in favor of the NXT KEY bit
was, umm, dropped are:

1) No one substantiated the claim that the NULL keys represented a volume
problem.
2) Folks are more against the NXT, especially expanding its mission, than
against the NULL key.
3) There was no backwards-compatible way to address resolvers that expect a
NULL key if we remove the NULL key.

Now the draft is back to being concerned only with defining terms of a
zone's status.

- The draft still deprecates the experimental status and defines a zone as
secured/not secured rather than secured per algorithm.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: [email-masked]

"It takes years of training to know when to do nothing" - Dogbert

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.