Subject: draft-ietf-dnsext-not-existing-rr-00.txt

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Aug 2000 14:14:37 +0200

Hi,

the "NO" draft have been updated (announcement inlined below).  Among
other things, it includes more detailed examples.

As always, comments solicited.

/Simon

Title		: Authenticating denial of existence in DNS with minimum
                  disclosure (or; An alternative to DNSSEC NXT records)
Author(s)	: S. Josefsson
Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-not-existing-rr-00.txt
Pages		: 15
Date		: 24-Aug-00
	
This draft present an alternative to NXT records, used to achieve
authenticated denial of existence of a domain name, class and type. 
Problems with NXT records, as specified in RFC 2535, are identified.
One solution, the NO record, is presented.
The NO record differ from the NXT record by using a cryptographic
hash value instead of the domain name.  This prevent an adversery
from collecting information by 'chaining' through a zone.  It also
remove delegation point concerns in NXT records.  The document also
describe hash truncation and record merging that reduces
storage/network load.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-not-existing-rr-00.txt