Subject: RE: RFC 1611 support

From: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]> (by way of "Kevin J. Dunlap" <[email-masked]>)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:50:47 -0700

At 08:09 PM 10/30/00, Dwayne Carter wrote:
 >Count me in!

First step, someone needs to write draft of "The case for DNS server MIB"
Second step "DNS server MIB charter/requirements" , at this point I'm not
sure how many MIB's makes sense to define. I can think of
          statistics MIB,
          server configuration MIB,
          zone MIB
          ....

or all in one MIB
          Olafur

PS: The MIB or MIB's MUST be server implementation independent. 

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.

---

From: "Dwayne Carter" <[email-masked]> (by way of "Kevin J. Dunlap" <[email-masked]>)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:50:32 -0700

Count me in!

Dwayne Carter
System Engineer, Internet Connections, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Olafur Gudmundsson
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 11:17 AM
To: Dwayne Carter
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: RFC 1611 support

At 05:56 AM 10/30/00, Dwayne Carter wrote:

 >darn,  That was the one feature set I was looking for...Oh well, I guess I
 >will have to start coding...
 >May I why it is moving to historic?  I believe that is a great feature for
 >monitor DNS activities.

In a day or two following ID will be available that explains this
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnsmib-historical-00.t
xt

Summary the MIB is bind 4.8.3 specific.

ANYONE willing to work on defining a NEW MIB for DNS server, please let me
know.
          Olafur  (DNSEXT co-chair).