Subject: DNSEXT WG Last Call: Zone Status

From: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:30:37 -0500

This document clarifies/updates certain sections of RFC2535 and
defines the security status of a zone and what factors affect the  zone
security status. This document declares that only zones signed
with Mandatory to implement algorithms can be fully secure.
The document eliminates the experimental status of certain zones.
The document proposes terminology to use when describing zone security
status.

This document expresses rules for zones that want to be considered secure
from the protocol perspective.

This document references 2 ID's but both are now RFC's.

This WG last call ends December 17'th 2000.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-zone-status-03.txt

This draft is on standards track, if you disagree with that please state why
in your response.

         Olafur

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.