Subject: draft-ietf-dnsext-rsa-02.txt

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:30:12 -0500

FYI, this draft has only very minor changes.  There was a one byte
correction in the magic hex prefix to make a signature compatible with
PKCS1, a few senstences discussing the possibility of keeping
algorithm #1 for the RSA KEYs were dropped since the consensus seems to
be to use the new algorithm # for both KEYs and SIGs, and author info
was updated.

Thanks,
Donald

------- Forwarded Message

Message-Id:  <[email-masked]>
To:  IETF-Announce: ;
Cc:  [email-masked]
From:  [email-masked]
Reply-to:  [email-masked]
Subject:  I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-rsa-02.txt
Date:  Wed, 20 Dec 2000 07:15:29 -0500
Sender:  [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RSA/SHA-1 SIGs and RSA KEYs in the Domain Name System 
                          (DNS)
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake 3rd
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-rsa-02.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 19-Dec-00
	
Since the adoption of a Proposed Standard for RSA signatures in the
DNS [RFC 2537], advances in hashing have been made.  A new DNS
signature algorithm is defined to make these advances available in
SIG resource records (RRs).  The use of the previously specified
weaker mechanism is deprecated.  The algorithm number of the RSA KEY
RR is changed to correspond to this new SIG algorithm.  No other
changes are made to DNS security.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rsa-02.txt

...

to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.