Subject: [dnsext] WG state reminder

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:39:28 -0500

Summary: reviews needed on draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-bis-updates,
draft-srose-dnssec-registry-update-00 and
draft-srose-dnssec-algo-imp-status-00.

Dear colleagues,

Ed Lewis made an excellent suggestion for some updates on the state of
the WG work, so that it's clear to people what's outstanding.  Here's
what I know.

We have two documents, draft-srose-dnssec-registry-update-00 and
draft-srose-dnssec-algo-imp-status-00, that are not yet officially WG
documents but could turn into them at any time.  They exist in order
to fix the problems with draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-fixes
(which is officially in IESG processing but is effectively dead).  I
requested on 9 January that people who reacted to registry-fixes
respond to those documents.  See
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsext/current/msg12076.html.

draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-bis-updates is in WGLC now.  The LC ends on
11 February.  (see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsext/current/msg12129.html and
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsext/current/msg12135.html).
We have had three reviews, two of which made suggestions about some
changes but generally supported publication, and one of which appears
opposed to publication.  More reviews are urgently needed, please.

draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0 completed WGLC and is waiting for
the shepherd to write the PROTO write-up and request publication.

draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-algo-signal completed a WGLC under its
(apponted, non-WG chair) shepherd some time ago, but there have been
comments since.  The shepherd was appointed because both of the WG
co-chairs, in their employment, reported to one of the document
authors.  The appointed shephed is busy.  Given that I am no longer
reporting to the author in question in my employment, I wonder whether
people still have a concern here.  Comments are welcome.

draft-ietf-dnsext-aliasing-requirements expired.

draft-ietf-dnsext-ecdsa is in IETF Last Call.

draft-ietf-dnsext-xnamercode is in IETF Last Call.

draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname seems to be hung up in the IESG.  I
have been following up on this matter.

Best regards,

Andrew

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:17:40 -0500

>people still have a concern here.  Comments are welcome.

Frankly I've never been a fan of that document (so I wouldn't be a 
good shepherd) but I don't have a problem with Andrew taking this on.

-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis
NeuStar                    You can leave a voice message at +1-571-434-5468

2012...time to reuse those 1984 calendars!

---

From: Ray Bellis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:36:03 +0000

On 30 Jan 2012, at 20:17, Edward Lewis wrote:

> Frankly I've never been a fan of that document (...) but
> I don't have a problem with Andrew taking this on.

+1 on both counts.

Ray