Subject: [dnsext] FW: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-algo-signal-04.txt

From: "Marc Lampo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:58:19 +0100 (CET)

(resend, not sure if my original email made it to the list ?)

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Lampo [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 07 March 2012 09:55 AM
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: RE: [dnsext] I-D Action: 
draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-algo-signal-04.txt

Hello,

Suggestion.

In 6. Traffic Analysis Considerations

"... should monitor DNS query
   traffic and record the values of the DAU/DHU/N3U option(s) in
   queries. ..."

--> Suggest to add that also monitored are :
    - (number of) DNS Queries, with EDNS0 OPT record, but without any 
signalling done

Motivation :
The difference in number of queries with and without Algo-Signalling
shows how reliable the signalling information is.

Kind regards,

Marc Lampo
Security Officer
EURid (for .eu)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 06 March 2012 05:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [dnsext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-algo-signal-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories. This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title           : Signaling Cryptographic Algorithm Understanding in DNSSEC
	Author(s)       : Steve Crocker
                          Scott Rose
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-algo-signal-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-03-06

   The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) were developed to provide origin
   authentication and integrity protection for DNS data by using digital
   signatures.  These digital signatures can be generated using
   different algorithms.  This draft sets out to specify a way for
   validating end-system resolvers to signal to a server which
   cryptographic algorithms and hash algorithms they support.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-algo-signal-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-algo-signal-04.txt

---

From: Scott Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:22:45 -0400

Marc,
Ok,  Section 6 needs a revision and I will include your comment.

Thanks for the review,
Scott

On Mar 13, 2012, at 3:58 AM, Marc Lampo wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> dnsext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsext