Subject: [dnsext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 03:49:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DNS Incremental Zone Transfer Protocol (IXFR)
	Author(s)       : Alfred Hoenes
                          Ondrej Sury
                          Shane Kerr
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr-01.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2012-04-24

   The standard means within the Domain Name System protocol for
   maintaining coherence among a zone's authoritative name servers
   consists of three mechanisms.  Incremental Zone Transfer (IXFR) is
   one of the mechanisms and originally was defined in RFC 1995.

   This document aims to provide a more detailed and up-to-date
   specification of the IXFR mechanism and to align it with the current
   specification of the primary zone transfer mechanism, AXFR, given in
   RFC 5936.  Further, based on operational experience, this document
   juxtaposes to the original IXFR query a new query type, IXFR-ONLY,
   that will likely be preferred over IXFR in specific deployments.

   This document obsoletes and replaces RFC 1995.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr-01.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr/