Subject: [dnsext] RFC 6672 on DNAME Redirection in the DNS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 23:26:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6672

        Title:      DNAME Redirection in the DNS 
        Author:     S. Rose, W. Wijngaards
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 45704
        Obsoletes:  RFC2672
        Updates:    RFC3363

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname-26.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6672.txt

The DNAME record provides redirection for a subtree of the domain
name tree in the DNS.  That is, all names that end with a particular
suffix are redirected to another part of the DNS.  This document
obsoletes the original specification in RFC 2672 as well as updates
the document on representing IPv6 addresses in DNS (RFC 3363).
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:27:31 -0400

Scott and Wouter
Thank you for your diligence in getting this document done.

	Olafur & Andrew