Subject: [dnsext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-update-03.txt> (DNS Security (DNSSEC) DNSKEY Algorithm IANA Registry Updates) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 06:52:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DNS Extensions WG (dnsext) to
consider the following document:
- 'DNS Security (DNSSEC) DNSKEY Algorithm IANA Registry Updates'
  <draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-update-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-07-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) requires the use of
   cryptographic algorithm suites for generating digital signatures over
   DNS data.  The algorithms specified for use with DNSSEC are reflected
   in an IANA maintained registry.  This document presents a set of
   changes for some entries of the registry.

Note that this document responds to the objections raised against
draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-fixes-08; the earlier document was
split into this document and draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-algo-imp-status.
This document specifies the changes to the registry that were
considered non-controversial during the review of
draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-fixes-08.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.