Subject: [dnsext] Protocol Action: 'DNS Security (DNSSEC) DNSKEY Algorithm IANA Registry Updates' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-update-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:05:39 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DNS Security (DNSSEC) DNSKEY Algorithm IANA Registry Updates'
  (draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-update-03.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the DNS Extensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-update/

Technical Summary 

  The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) requires the use of 
  cryptographic algorithm suites for generating digital signatures over 
  DNS data.  The algorithms specified for use with DNSSEC are reflected 
  in an IANA maintained registry.  This document presents a set of 
  changes for some entries of the registry. 

Working Group Summary 

    The changes this draft makes were originally bound up with some 
    changes from a previous WG draft that was not published.  Some of 
    the WG and, particularly, the IESG objected to the way that draft 
    altered the registry; this draft and another one were the 
    results.  This draft is not bound up with the other draft, and 
    makes the uncontroversial changes to the registry. 

Document Quality 

    This draft makes no changes to any protocol, but cleans up a 
    number of errors and omissions in the relevant registry. 

Personnel 

    Andrew Sullivan is the Document Shepherd.  Ralph Droms is the 
    Responsible Area Director.