Subject: [dnsext] draft-damick-dns-associated-names-record.txt-00

From: "Damick, Jeffrey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 10:05:46 -0400

A. Submission Date:  8/1/2012

   B. Submission Type:
      [X] New RRTYPE
      [ ] Modification to existing RRTYPE

   C. Contact Information for submitter (will be publicly posted):
         Name:  Jeffrey Damick
         Email Address: [email-masked]
         International telephone number:  001-571-434-5324
         Other contact handles:

   D. Motivation for the new RRTYPE application.

        The goal of this new record type is to provide a mechanism for operators to create a list of associated domain names for a particular QTYPE and service name.  This will allow client applications to be crafted to handle these lists based on the needs of their particular service.  Please see attached draft for more details.

   E. Description of the proposed RR type.

        See attached draft.

   F. What existing RRTYPE or RRTYPEs come closest to filling that need
      and why are they unsatisfactory?

      None that I am aware.

   G. What mnemonic is requested for the new RRTYPE (optional)?
      Note: this can be left blank and the mnemonic decided after the
      template is accepted.

     AN

   H. Does the requested RRTYPE make use of any existing IANA registry
      or require the creation of a new IANA sub-registry in DNS
      Parameters?  If so, please indicate which registry is to be used
      or created.  If a new sub-registry is needed, specify the
      allocation policy for it and its initial contents.  Also include
      what the modification procedures will be.

    It utilizes the "Service Name and Transport Protocol Port Number Registry" for the service name in the record body.

   I. Does the proposal require/expect any changes in DNS
      servers/resolvers that prevent the new type from being processed
      as an unknown RRTYPE (see [RFC3597])?

    No

   J. Comments:
       Draft attached.

---

From: Frederico A C Neves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 12:42:17 -0300

Dear Colleagues,

Based on author's request, after initial ML comments, and for the
record We'll not start an rrtype evaluation process. This request is
rejected.

Regards,
Frederico Neves