Subject: [dnsext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 01:36:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Extension Mechanisms for DNS (EDNS(0))
	Author(s)       : Joao Damas
                          Michael Graff
                          Paul Vixie
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-09.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-08-13

Abstract:
   The Domain Name System's wire protocol includes a number of fixed
   fields whose range has been or soon will be exhausted and does not
   allow requestors to advertise their capabilities to responders.  This
   document describes backward compatible mechanisms for allowing the
   protocol to grow.

   This document updates the EDNS(0) specification (and obsoletes RFC
   2671) based on feedback from deployment experience in several
   implementations.  It also closes the IANA registry for extended
   labels created as part of RFC 2671 and obsoletes RFC 2673 ("Binary
   Labels in the Domain Name System") which depends on the existence of
   extended labels.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/