Subject: [dnsext] New Version Notification for draft-levine-dnsextlang-05.txt

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Dec 2012 22:59:35 -0500

This version has a significant change suggested by Paul Vixie.  Rather 
than storing the format information about new RR types in a local file, 
this now makes the primary place a known subtree of the DNS itself, which 
should make it possible for software to automagically update itself as new 
RRs are added.

Take a look, let me know what you think.  (Preferably in that order.)

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY
"I dropped the toothpaste", said Tom, crestfallenly.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

A new version of I-D, draft-levine-dnsextlang-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by John Levine and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-levine-dnsextlang
Revision:	 05
Title:		 An Extension Language for the DNS
Creation date:	 2012-12-18
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 9
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levine-dnsextlang-05.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-dnsextlang
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levine-dnsextlang-05
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-levine-dnsextlang-05

Abstract:
    Adding new RRTYPEs to the DNS requires that DNS servers and
    provisioning software be upgraded to support each new RRTYPE in
    Master files.  This document defines a DNS extension language
    intended to allow most new RRTYPEs to be supported by adding entries
    to configuration data read by the DNS software, with no software
    changes needed for each RRTYPE.