Subject: [dnsext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 06:54:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Extension Mechanisms for DNS (EDNS(0))
	Author(s)       : Joao Damas
                          Michael Graff
                          Paul Vixie
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-10.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-12-31

Abstract:
   The Domain Name System's wire protocol includes a number of fixed
   fields whose range has been or soon will be exhausted and does not
   allow requestors to advertise their capabilities to responders.  This
   document describes backward compatible mechanisms for allowing the
   protocol to grow.

   This document updates the EDNS(0) specification (and obsoletes RFC
   2671) based on feedback from deployment experience in several
   implementations.  It also obsoletes RFC 2673 ("Binary Labels in the
   Domain Name System") and adds considerations on the use of extended
   labels in the DNS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/