Subject: [dnssd] RFC 7558 on Requirements for Scalable DNS-Based Service Discovery (DNS-SD) / Multicast DNS (mDNS) Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 22:47:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7558

        Title:      Requirements for Scalable DNS-Based Service 
                    Discovery (DNS-SD) / Multicast DNS (mDNS) 
                    Extensions 
        Author:     K. Lynn, S. Cheshire,
                    M. Blanchet, D. Migault
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30291
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnssd-requirements-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7558

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7558

DNS-based Service Discovery (DNS-SD) over Multicast DNS (mDNS) is
widely used today for discovery and resolution of services and names
on a local link, but there are use cases to extend DNS-SD/mDNS to
enable service discovery beyond the local link.  This document
provides a problem statement and a list of requirements for scalable
DNS-SD.

This document is a product of the Extensions for Scalable DNS Service Discovery Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC