Subject: [dnssd] Provisional agenda for dnssd WG @ Seoul

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 15:40:02 +0000

Hi,

Our provisional agenda follows.  Please feel free to bash here.
Note Ralph won’t be able to come to Seoul, so Tim Wicinski has kindly offered to co-pilot the session.

—

DNSSD WG Provisional Agenda

IETF97, Seoul
Thursday November 17th 2017
09:30am - 11:00am local time

Chairs’ Introduction Chairs, 5 mins

Hybrid Unicast/Multicast DNS-Based Service Discovery Chairs, 5 mins
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-04
- updated; confirm submission to the IESG

DNS Push
- now split into two drafts, one homed here, one in the dnsop WG:

DNS Push Notifications Stuart Cheshire, 15 mins
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-push-09

DNS Session Signalling Stuart Cheshire, 10 mins
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-01

DNS-SD Privacy
- now also split into two drafts, both within the dnssd WG

Privacy Extensions for DNS-SD TBC, 15 mins
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-privacy-00

Device Pairing Using Short Authentication Strings TBC, 15 mins
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-pairing-00

Stateful Multi-Link DNS Service Discovery Ted Lemon, 15 mins
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lemon-stateful-dnssd-00

Discussion: Other drafts, implementations, and next steps Chairs, 5 mins
- includes recommendations for using the hybrid proxy in campus environments
- noting https://github.com/pusateri/draft-pusateri-hybridproxy-impl/blob/master/draft-pusateri-dnssd-hyp-impl.txt

Close and summary of actions
Chairs, 5 mins

—
Tim

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 15:46:39 +0000

Hi,

For the DNS-SD Privacy work, neither Christian (in a plane) nor Daniel (middle of the night) are available to present remotely in Seoul.

They will send slides, which I’m happy to present, but is there anyone else in the WG who would be interested in leading the presentation of the work and the latest two drafts from the authored slides?  There are clearly many people who like the work.

i.e.

Privacy Extensions for DNS-SD
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-privacy-00

Device Pairing Using Short Authentication Strings
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-pairing-00

Thanks,
Tim

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: [dnssd] Provisional agenda for dnssd WG @ Seoul
Date: 9 November 2016 at 15:40:02 GMT
To: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>

Hi,

—

IETF97, Seoul

DNS Push

DNS-SD Privacy

—
Tim

_______________________________________________
dnssd mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnssd

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 06:19:13 +0000

Hi,

On 9 Nov 2016, at 15:46, Tim Chown <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

i.e.

As we’ve had no volunteers, we’ll present these two drafts from the chair. The agenda is otherwise unaltered.

We have requested an early security area review of the documents.

Best wishes,
Tim

Thanks,
Tim

Begin forwarded message:

Hi,

—

IETF97, Seoul

DNS Push

DNS-SD Privacy

—
Tim