Subject: [dnssd] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnssd-mdns-dns-interop-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 06:01:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Extensions for Scalable DNS Service Discovery  of the IETF.

        Title           : On Interoperation of Labels Among Conventional DNS and Other Resolution Systems
        Author          : Andrew Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnssd-mdns-dns-interop-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2017-01-03

Abstract:
   Despite its name, DNS-Based Service Discovery can use naming systems
   other than the Domain Name System when looking for services.
   Moreover, when it uses the DNS, DNS-Based Service Discovery uses the
   full capability of DNS, rather than using a subset of available
   octets.  In order for DNS-SD to be used effectively in environments
   where multiple different name systems and conventions for their
   operation are in use, it is important to attend to differences in the
   underlying technology and operational environment.  This memo
   presents an outline of the requirements for selection of labels for
   conventional DNS and other resolution systems when they are expected
   to interoperate in this manner.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-mdns-dns-interop/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-mdns-dns-interop-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnssd-mdns-dns-interop-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/