Subject: [dnssd] IETF98 WG meeting minutes and actions

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2017 21:33:52 +0000

Hi,

Many thanks to Tim Wicinski for taking our WG minutes; the draft copy is available on the group etherpad.
Please see http://etherpad.tools.ietf.org:9000/p/notes-ietf-98-dnssd?useMonospaceFont=true, and comment or amend accordingly.
We’ll submit the final version on Friday 7th.

A summary of actions is also listed below.

Finally, a reminder that the WGLC on DNS Push is running; please comment, even if just to say you think the work is ready to progress to the IESG.

Best wishes,
Tim & Ralph

DNS Push Notifications
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-push-10
Stuart Cheshire presenting
ACTION: authors will collect input from WG last call on
draft-ietf-dnssd-push-10; will see if anything needs to be changed
from upcoming WG last call in dnsop on draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-03
when published shortly.

DNS Session Signalling
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-02
Stuart Cheshire presenting
ACTION: this draft is a dnsop WG work item; no dnssd WG action

DNS-SD Discovery Proxy
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-06
Stuart Cheshire presenting
ACTION: draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-06 is ready for IESG review; find a
shepherd (else chairs will do it)

DNS-SD Advertising Proxy - discussion
(plus Sleep Proxy, Discovery Broker, Zone Stitching, and DNS-SD roadmap)
Stuart Cheshire presenting
ACTION: Noting hum in favour, WG encourages further work on Discovery Broker 
ACTION: No objection to Sleep Proxy work, so proceeding with writing
       this documentation is encouraged; resulting document to be
	presented at IntArea WG meeting for external reviews of
	components such as ARP and ND proxy
ACTION: Noting hum, progressing Advertising Proxy is encouraged
ACTION: Zone stitching is still conceptual; no explicit action from
       this presentation 
ACTION: Roadmap is still conceptual; no explicit action from this
       presentation 

Privacy Extensions for DNS-SD
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-privacy-01
Christian Huitema (CH) presenting
ACTION: draft-ietf-dnssd-privacy-01 is ready for WG last call

Device Pairing Using Short Authentication Strings
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-pairing-01
Christian Huitema (CH) presenting
ACTION: WG preference is not to split the document; Stuart Cheshire,
       Ted Lemon, Tim Wicinski to review; ready for WG last call
       after next revision 

DNS-SD Deployment for campus/enterprise networks - BCP document discussion
https://github.com/pusateri/draft-pusateri-hybridproxy-impl/blob/master/draft-pusateri-dnssd-hyp-impl.txt
General discussion led by chairs
ACTION: WG encourages continued work on this document; volunteers
welcome (Ran Atkinson offered some help); likely to be Informational
rather than BCP, at least for now.

Simple Homenet Naming and Service Discovery Architecture
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tldm-simple-homenet-naming-00
Ted Lemon presenting
ACTION: exploratory at this stage; no actions for dnssd WG; Ted needs
to think about problem to be solved, which existing dnssd components
can be reused, and what the gaps are.

Stateful Multi-Link DNS Service Discovery
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lemon-stateful-dnssd-00
Ted Lemon presenting
ACTION: exploratory at this stage; no actions for dnssd WG

DNS-SD in IoT (and constrained network environments)
Peter van der Stock (presenting)/Ines Robles
Use of RD in CoRE noted.
ACTION: dnssd and CoRE WG representatives encouraged to meet and
discuss way forward, e.g. Stuart, Carsten, Kerry, Peter.