Subject: [dnssd] Warren Kumari's Yes on draft-ietf-dnssd-mdns-dns-interop-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 12:09:17 -0700

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnssd-mdns-dns-interop-04: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-mdns-dns-interop/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that this is a useful document -- I think that it would be more
useful if it A: made DNS-SD be LDH only, or somehow made all DNS
deployments be UTF-8 (without any sort of homograph issues), but seeing
as both of these would require magic, I'm balloting Yes. :-)

2 nits:
1: ... "the so-called LDH rule" -- I think that it would be useful to
expand this - the tone is introductory, and so I think helpful to new
readers.
2: "cannot be used in the DNS unless they cleave to the LDH rule." - I
would suggest "adhere to" or "follow" - 'cleave to', while cooler, is
likely confusing to a: those who don't have English as a first language,
or b: were born after 1886. :-)