Subject: [dnssd] Eric Rescorla's No Objection on draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 12:49:35 -0800

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

   Discovery, a compromise is needed that combines the ease-of-use of
   Multicast DNS with the efficiency and scalability of Unicast DNS.
A diagram would help here.

   one or more others that should be included in the list of automatic
   browsing domains for legacy clients.
It might be clearer to point out that these are defined in 6763.

   types do and do not exist just the specific name queried, and no
   others.
Nit: I think you mean "for just the"

      queries, and allow some time for responses to arrive.
      DNS TTLs in responses are capped to at most ten seconds.
Is this text normative?

   generate authoritative signed data from the local Multicast DNS
   responses it receives.  Off-line signing not applicable to Discovery
   Proxy.
"is not applicable"?

10.  Intelectual Property Rights

   Apple has submitted an IPR disclosure concerning the technique
Nit: "intellectual"

   A mechanism to 'stitch' together multiple ".local." zones so that
   they appear as one.  Such a stitching mechanism will be specified in
   a future companion document.  This stitching mechanism addresses the
Not a sentence.