Subject: [dnssd] I-D Action: draft-sctl-service-registration-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 13:40:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Extensions for Scalable DNS Service Discovery  WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Service Registration Protocol for DNS-Based Service Discovery
        Authors         : Stuart Cheshire
                          Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-sctl-service-registration-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-07-15

Abstract:
   The DNS-SD Service Registration Protocol uses the standard DNS Update
   mechanism to enable DNS-Based Service Discovery using only unicast
   packets.  This eliminates the dependency on Multicast DNS as the
   foundation layer, which greatly improves scalability and improves
   performance on networks where multicast service is not an optimal
   choice, particularly 802.11 (Wi-Fi) and 802.15.4 (IoT) networks.
   DNS-SD Service registration uses public keys and SIG(0) to allow
   services to defend their registrations against attack.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sctl-service-registration/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sctl-service-registration-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sctl-service-registration-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sctl-service-registration-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/