Subject: [domainrep] Introduction

From: Steve Allam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 05:16:34 +0100

Hi,

This is my first email to the group - just wanted to introduce myself, 
although some of you already know me from maawg.
I am CTO of TrustSphere, formally named BoxSentry.

Murray let me know what was being planned within these standards and I 
was interested to see that the standards were not far away from the APIs 
we already used on our products:

     - TrustCloud; a domain+ip whitelist which uses a DNS lookup API, 
kinda similar to the proposals
     - LogiQ; an automated reputation engine which uses an HTTP API, 
again sort of similar.

I made a few comments to Murray at maawg about possible changes to the 
standards that would enable us to fit within the framework. - I'm not 
looking for changes specific to what we are doing, but some changes that 
I feel are essential to support extensibility within the standard, and 
thus allow organisations such as ourselves to usefully use the standard.

To that end, I willing to modify our existing APIs to support the 
standard once it is a bit more mature.

Its good to see things happening in this area!

Would you like me to submit my comments directly to the group, or to 
Murray directly?

Regards,

Steve

-- 
*
Steve Allam | * Chief Technology Officer *| TrustSphere *

3 Phillip Street, #13-03 Commerce Point, Singapore, 048693
Tel: +65 6536 5203 | Fax: +65 6536 5463
[email-masked] | www.trustsphere.com

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 07:05:36 -0700

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Steve Allam
> Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 9:17 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [domainrep] Introduction
> 
> Would you like me to submit my comments directly to the group, or to Murray directly?

Hi Steve,

Posting your feedback here would be great.  We might even be able to tweak the initial draft set to include it before the BoF later this month.  Thanks for joining!

-MSK